Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Slight clamshell adjustment?

My driver side of the clamshell is crooked (sits lower) when fully opened or fully closed... it seals fine on all sides when up, no leaks, nothing looks crooked when it goes up and down... it's just that the final part of up or down makes it crooked and non-flush on one side... is there a way to adjust it?

top1.jpg

top2.jpg

Edited by lucky_topher

My driver side of the clamshell is crooked (sits lower) when fully opened or fully closed... it seals fine on all sides when up, no leaks, nothing looks crooked when it goes up and down... it's just that the final part of up or down makes it crooked and non-flush on one side... is there a way to adjust it?

Lucky:

There is an adjustment for the problem that you describe.

Operate the top so that the clamshell sits at its rearmost point (i.e., 45 degree angle).

Since it's your driver's side that seems to be protruding up higher than normal, go to the driver's side horizontal channel, at the point about 2 inches behind the front top surface of the rear quarter panel. There is a black plastic part that is a two-part affair. By sliding the top part towards the front or towards the rear, you will be adjusting the height at which that "leg" of the clamshell comes to rest.

Best place to start is to compare the (correct height) passenger's side part and then try to adjust the driver's side part to match.

Regards, Maurice.

took some pics... not sure exactly what part it is that is the adjustment... want to be sure before i start changing stuff...

where on these is what you're talking about?

Lucky:

Sorry I wasn't clearer. Looking at your photos now, I'm not sure if it's the driver's side or the passenger's side that's off. In any case, this should clear it up:

Here is your first photo with a red circle around the area where the black plastic two-part piece is located. It's below the clamshell, in the rain channel.

I have drawn in green a rough approximation of what it looks like:

post-6627-1213998257_thumb.jpg

Regards, Maurice.

Mine broke off and or are missing. Anyone know part numbers?

silver arrow:

I'm reasonably certain that the part numbers for these parts (Porsche calls them "stops" or "Cabrio Adjustment Plates") are as follows:

986 561 407 02 (left side)

and

986 561 408 02 (right side).

The list price for each part is about $6.85.

Since yours are missing, here is a photo I found that shows you what they look like:

post-6627-1214196766.jpg

This photo shows the passenger side (right side) one.

Regards, Maurice.