Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

ABS sensitivity adjustment possible?

I have a 1999 C2 and the ABS is pretty poor for track use. When coming into heavy breaking zones if the front hits any bumps at all.. I wont slow until the ABS gets around to pumping again...it reacts too slow and engages too quickly initially.

BTW, as an instructor and racer for 20+ years I know the pros and cons of using ABS so please no speeches :P

On newer cars you can "slow down" the ABS which delays the point at which the ABS will activate. This allows good drivers to modulate the brakes more effectively without fear of the dreaded "no brakes" episodes like mentioned above.

My question is can this be done with the ABS on these earlier '99 cars?

Is this something my dealer can perform for me?

• Admin
I have a 1999 C2 and the ABS is pretty poor for track use. When coming into heavy breaking zones if the front hits any bumps at all.. I wont slow until the ABS gets around to pumping again...it reacts too slow and engages too quickly initially.

BTW, as an instructor and racer for 20+ years I know the pros and cons of using ABS so please no speeches :P

On newer cars you can "slow down" the ABS which delays the point at which the ABS will activate. This allows good drivers to modulate the brakes more effectively without fear of the dreaded "no brakes" episodes like mentioned above.

My question is can this be done with the ABS on these earlier '99 cars?

Is this something my dealer can perform for me?

No, not on 996 series cars. 997 series cars with sport crono do this when you switch to sport mode. As I recall in Sport mode two wheels have to (start to) lock before ABS kicks in.

As I have said before, you might find someone with the knowledge and willingness to modify your ABS system such that it does not activate at all unless PSM indicates that your car, under braking, is not following the desired "line". That would give you total and complete control of braking until actual loss of directional control is threatened, impending.