Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Air Intake temps through AC Diagnostics?

I think this only works on early model Boxsters. I have a 2001 and this functionality is no longer supported in the A/C unit. The A/C control is sourced from Audi. I'm not sure if it also works on the early Carreras or not. None of this appears to be officially documented anywhere, and from what I read it was pieced together by various folks over the early years

it def. works on my '99 Carrera. I use 6c for actual water temp values at the track all the time. Just trying to figure out if one of the other fuctions is intake air temps because as you stated it's not really documented anywhere that I can find.

Ironically, despite the fact that the units are nearly identical, it doesn't work on my '99 Audi.

Can the Durametrick grab past values from the car? (without being hooked in real time?)

I have a hunch that My K&N intake works great on the street but is actually hurting the car at the track because it's not sheilded well enough from the engine bay. I'm trying to get a picture of the air intake temps while I'm lapping on the track to confirm this...and since all of the sanctioning bodies force you to make sure the car is absolutely empty or everything safely secured I'm guessing they won't like the idea of me having my laptop in the car flying all over the place.

I was hoping I could isolate which value it is on the AC Diagnostics so that I could give it a quick glance during my laps. It's easy enough that I could throw back in the stock airbox between sessions to compare.

Andy

Can the Durametric grab past values from the car? (without being hooked in real time?)

No, no tool can do that since they are not stored. Durametric, PST2 and PIWIS can graph trends of real time data (while connected).

Back to the drawing board then. If anyone can confirm that 35c or 36c are air intake temps I'd really appreciate it. Going to the track next friday equipped with my K&N and stock airbox to try to do some real world testing of intake temps during track driving.