Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I need stereo help.......

Hi, i'm working on a 2000 996, i believe it has the upgraded stereo but not the bose, it has a 4 channel in x 6 channel out amp and speakers in the doors, behind the front seats and the dash. I'm installing an Alpine ida-x200 and i found all the wires i need to turn on the head unit, but i can't get any sound, i believe i wired up the remote wires, is there any way to wire this up so i can still use the stock amp? I have 2 connectors going into my radio, one was yellow which i'm assuming are the signal wires going to the amp, what's the red/black wire in that loom? And the other is black with the power, ground, etc. Can someone tell me about this system? Should i just bypass the amp? And are there any wiring diagrams that tell me what is what? Thanks in advance.....

Hi, i'm working on a 2000 996, i believe it has the upgraded stereo but not the bose, it has a 4 channel in x 6 channel out amp and speakers in the doors, behind the front seats and the dash. I'm installing an Alpine ida-x200 and i found all the wires i need to turn on the head unit, but i can't get any sound, i believe i wired up the remote wires, is there any way to wire this up so i can still use the stock amp? I have 2 connectors going into my radio, one was yellow which i'm assuming are the signal wires going to the amp, what's the red/black wire in that loom? And the other is black with the power, ground, etc. Can someone tell me about this system? Should i just bypass the amp? And are there any wiring diagrams that tell me what is what? Thanks in advance.....

If you still have all the manuals there's a wiring diagram with the becker manual. Another option is to pick up an Audi/VW wiring harness from Metra. I didn't take pics when I did mine, and I don't remember the colour coding.

If you still have all the manuals there's a wiring diagram with the becker manual. Another option is to pick up an Audi/VW wiring harness from Metra. I didn't take pics when I did mine, and I don't remember the colour coding.

I'm not sure if it would be a good idea to run it through your stock amp since the after market deck has a built in amplifier. What I did was install an aftermarket amp. You can find the wire diagrams by searching the forums. You can also try to power your speakers w/o the aftermarket amp and see if you like how it sounds running through your deck amp. After installing my aftermarket amp I realized how bad the stock speakers were so I upgraded my stock speakers to infiniti.

• 1 month later...

I have a 99 C2 with the same factory audio (M490) and I just installed an Alpine iDA- X200. I decided to get rid of the factory amp and got an after market

5-channel amp. The problem is that the 6-channel factory amp has some non-standard input level and a built-in crossover for the sub (in the doors)

that can't be modified.

If you don't want to go all-out on speakers and amps, I suggest to put 6x9 speakers in the doors (they fit nicely once you remove the factory speakers

and enclosure) and connect them directly to the X200.

I ran 6x9's in the doors for about a year (with a cheap 2x100W RMS amp), I just upgraded everything, Polk Audio DB401 speakers in the dash and a custom 2x8" sub in the back driven by a used Hifonics Z700 5-ch amp. I'll install the PXA-H100 Imprint audio processor this coming weekend.

Gunter

I'm about to add aux in to my cdr220.

It's a 00' with M490. I thought I might already have the aux adapter hanging

back there because a previous owner had installed a Motorola bluetooth

thingy (which I've never used).

When I pulled the head out there was no aux or phone connector so I guess the dork

just spliced it in somewhere. So now I've got to reverse engineer that.

But my real question is, what's the black cable with the round connector on the back of head for?

I've never seen it mentioned and it's not in the manual.

I'm about to add aux in to my cdr220.

It's a 00' with M490. I thought I might already have the aux adapter hanging

back there because a previous owner had installed a Motorola bluetooth

thingy (which I've never used).

When I pulled the head out there was no aux or phone connector so I guess the dork

just spliced it in somewhere. So now I've got to reverse engineer that.

But my real question is, what's the black cable with the round connector on the back of head for?

I've never seen it mentioned and it's not in the manual.

Without seeing a photo, I'd guess it's a connection for a CD changer. Those are round.

That's what I thought when I saw it. The cable actually says MD on it.

I thought maybe I'd somehow missed it the hundreds of times I've been in the

trunk so I double checked. Nope, there is a clear absence of CD/MD changer.

Yes hifonics, power from the gods

post-23680-1231597068_thumb.jpg

I have a 99 C2 with the same factory audio (M490) and I just installed an Alpine iDA- X200. I decided to get rid of the factory amp and got an after market

5-channel amp. The problem is that the 6-channel factory amp has some non-standard input level and a built-in crossover for the sub (in the doors)

that can't be modified.

If you don't want to go all-out on speakers and amps, I suggest to put 6x9 speakers in the doors (they fit nicely once you remove the factory speakers

and enclosure) and connect them directly to the X200.

I ran 6x9's in the doors for about a year (with a cheap 2x100W RMS amp), I just upgraded everything, Polk Audio DB401 speakers in the dash and a custom 2x8" sub in the back driven by a used Hifonics Z700 5-ch amp. I'll install the PXA-H100 Imprint audio processor this coming weekend.

Gunter