Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Tire Recommendations

Hi All

Looking for a tire recommendation for both size and brand.

Boxster 986 2.7

Rim size:

Front: 18 x 8.5 52mm offset

Rear: 18 x 10 58mm offset

Also on the use of spacers (cosmetic look)

Street use only, no winter where I live.

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

:cheers:

Edited by trmassin

So what?

Perhaps U needed do your search :)

Uhm, there has been so many tire topics?

Uhm, so what???

You the topic mod.............. :angry:

I can't comment on the size, but I replaced my tires a couple of years ago with Sumitomo HTR Z II, I was a little hesitant due to their cost, (inexpensive) but did some research and the majority of the review were all good. A lot of the cost for the major brands seems to be for advertising. I can tell you their sticking power is amazing and they aren't too bad in the rain. They're summer tires so you can use them year round in Houston. They may not be what you need for the straight highways down there, but in western New Jersey where I live with the curvy roads, it's almost like cheating. Good luck and enjoy driving your Boxster.

When I bought my boxster it had the Kumho Ecsta ASX. Overall not a bad tire for the price. My 02 has 17 inch rims. I've recently puchased some 18 inch sport design two piece rims and am in process of writing a DIY for center removal and refinishing of the outer rim. I found some new continental sportcontact 2 tires on ebay for very cheap. I've read some good feedback about them, but also some negative feedback. So I bought them and will have them put on. It will be a couple of months before I can judge as I am moving from Vermont to North Carolina. Anyway, before finding such a great deal online i nearly purchased some Goodyear Eagle F1 All seasons. Excellent reviews all around, and according to Goodyear website, 50K mile warranty too! check around for prices. Tires.com tirerack.com treadepot.com and easy-tire.com are good places for info and reviews.

i nearly purchased some Goodyear Eagle F1 All seasons. Excellent reviews all around, and according to Goodyear website, 50K mile warranty too!

I have set of Goodyear F1 All Seasons in 17" sizes on my Boxster. Great tires! They handle very well for an all season, ride well, are very good in the wet and handle deep snow, slush and packed snow conditions pretty well. The only negative that I have noticed is that they are somewhat noisy. Not obtrusive, but the drone is there. Not a big deal IMO.

I'm positive 3 season tires will handle better in dry conditions and dedicated winter tires are better in snow conditions, but the F1's seem to be a very good compromise tire if you need it.

Edited by Jay H

Thanks to all for the advice, yeah and even to juniinc for reminding me to search the site :D

I was looking at the Goodyear F1's a bit back, they had great reviews but never seen any reviews from a Boxster owner.

:cheers:

Not sure but I thought there was a review by a Boxster owners on the Tire Rack website under the Goodyear F1 section...

I recently bought a set of 18" wheels for my Boxster, if they didn't already have the Potenza's I would have bought the F1 Assymetric summer tire.

I can tell you that the Bridgestones are a bit noisey when I compare them to the Michelin PS-2's