Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Black & Decker DC port Starter/booster?

My battery is completely dead and I'm trying to get my trunk latch to function. The engine is dead so i'm not trying to start the car. I just want to get the trunk latch to work.

I got the Black and Decker DC port starter/booster. I can't seem to get it to work. Do you have to turn the key to the accessory position?

No matter what I try the unit beeps telling me something is not connected properly (beeps repeatedly) I did get some temporary power to the interior when I hit the "Boost" switch to the interior (dome light, door chime) but the trunk and engine cover levers were still frozen.

Then all power goes off again. Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Phillipj

RFM,

The problem is I can't open the trunk to get to the battery. I guess I will just tow the car as is. I was hoping to get the trunk open so that the mechanic could get to the battery easier.

I won't try again with the booster

Can you give me an idea where the emergency cable is for the trunk? The right side wheel well? Where approximately?

Thanks,

Phillip

Emergency unlocking of the luggage

compartment lid and engine

compartment lid

If the battery is discharged, the lids can be

opened onlywiththe aid of a donor battery.

Unlocking lids

1. Use the key to unlock the vehicle at the door

lock.

Leave the key in the door lock.

2. Remove plastic cover over the fuse box.

3. Pull out positive terminal A in the fuse box.

4. Use a jumpercable to connect the positive

terminal of the donor battery with positive

terminal A in the fuse box.

Note

If the vehicle was locked, the alarm horn will

sound when the negative cable is connected.

5. Use the second jumper cable to connect the

negative terminal of the donor battery with

latch striker B.

6. Switch the alarm system off by locking and

unlocking at the door lock.

7. Unlock the engine compartment lid or luggage

compartment lid with the switch.

8. Disconnect the negative cable first, then the

positive cable.

9. Push positive terminal A into the fuse box

and push on the plastic fuse box cover.

Note

Theenginecannotbe started with this method.

Please observe the chapter "Emergency Starting

with Jumper Cables" for this purpose

OOPS. Sorry. I've owned a 02 and a 00. I get them confused.

If the rear lid is open you can jump it there.

I know there is an emergency cable for both front and rear, but I've never had to use them.

I THINK the front is behind the passenger side wheel well.

• Moderators

Phillip,

There are different possibilities:

1/ buy a cigarette lighter adaptor, two pieces of electric wire ( 1.5-2.00mm diameter and 1m long ) solder the wires, one on the + and one on the - of the adaptor, two crocodile clips ( smaller than the classic jumper cable ones, but big enough to grab the battery + and - ) and solder them on the opposite side of the wires, take a spare battery in place in front of the passenger seat, install the self made tool, close and open the doors with the REMOTE, pull the trunk handle.

2/ use a battery maintainer as Loren suggest and do the same with the REMOTE as mentioned above.

3/ remove the trim with the handles and disconnect the electric lock motor, pull the handle.

Hope its helps.