Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Installed aluminum pedals

I got a set of aluminum pedals from ebay and installed them a couple days ago. Very easy installation and they look fairly good. I won't go over the installation since it has been covered extensively. The pedals came with two different types of screws: 6 socket (allen head) machine screws with washers and nuts for the brake and clutch pedals, and 6 phillips flat head countersunk sheet metal screws for the rest and gas pedals. Anyway, the socket screws looked okay but I really did not like the way the phillips flatheads looked. They were small and stainless so they did not even match the aluminum. They also made the pedals look as if they were missing 3 rubber plugs. So I got 6 black pan head screws to replace the ones for the rest and gas pedals. The new screw heads are almost the same size as the rubber plugs so it doesn't look that weird. The camera flash make them obvious, but they really blend in and looks just like another rubber plug. What do you guys think?

Here is a picture that shows the gas pedal with the small flat head silver screws:

106-Copy.jpg

And here is a photo of the rest and gas pedals with the new black pan head screws:

013.jpg

Oscar

So you just drive the screws into the gas and dead pedal?

I removed the dead pedal and the top screw hole on the aluminum dead pedal matched exactly the mounting hole. I even re-used the dead pedal stock top screw since it was black. For the gas pedal, I just screwed into the stock plastic pedal.

Oscar

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello:

For those who have installed the aluminum pedals, do you have any issues with the gas pedal?

I installed a similar set. The little joystick thing behind the gas pedal rests against, but does not snap into, a circular depression on the back of the gas pedal.

It seems that with the added weight of the aluminum pedals, if I have to quickly lift off the gas, the pedal snaps back towards me and the little joystick thing gets out of alignment which then causes poor accelerator response until I reach down and realign it.

Should the little joystick thing actually snap into the back of the gas pedal?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Scott

• 1 month later...
I got a set of aluminum pedals from ebay and installed them a couple days ago. Very easy installation and they look fairly good. I won't go over the installation since it has been covered extensively. The pedals came with two different types of screws: 6 socket (allen head) machine screws with washers and nuts for the brake and clutch pedals, and 6 phillips flat head countersunk sheet metal screws for the rest and gas pedals. Anyway, the socket screws looked okay but I really did not like the way the phillips flatheads looked. They were small and stainless so they did not even match the aluminum. They also made the pedals look as if they were missing 3 rubber plugs. So I got 6 black pan head screws to replace the ones for the rest and gas pedals. The new screw heads are almost the same size as the rubber plugs so it doesn't look that weird. The camera flash make them obvious, but they really blend in and looks just like another rubber plug. What do you guys think?

Here is a picture that shows the gas pedal with the small flat head silver screws:

106-Copy.jpg

And here is a photo of the rest and gas pedals with the new black pan head screws:

013.jpg

Oscar

This is a great solution and I tried to find similar screws. But, I found these instead at Home Depot and they seem to work well for now. They are black plastic screw covers.

--BM

post-29173-1238328945_thumb.jpg

i can't tell you for sure, but i'm fairly confident that they are almost exactly if not exactly the same

you can also buy them blank, without the "PORSCHE" on it

just search for aluminum pedals rather than porsche aluminum pedals

i have the exact same pedals except i paid a lot more for them because mine say "RUF" on them

i bought them as a souvenir of my visit to the RUF Werkes :)

a great day- i got to drive the RTurbo that was on the cover of Road and Track and lots of other mags :)

aloha

steve

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between those listed on ebay and these sold by Suncoast other than the price???

http://e-partssales.com/Merchant2/merchant..._Code=POTE996IN

• 3 years later...

I got the same pedals from Suncoast and found the clutch pedal pulled the floor mat when released after shifting. So I removed the aluminum covers from the clutch and brake, and replaced with new rubbers. Gas and dead pedal still look nice, and clutch and brake are functional.

• 4 weeks later...

Picked up these pedals off Ebay with the Porsche branding, I am sure they are not licensed as they were $90, but look good. The bolts for the clutch and brake pedals were really poor so I actually riveted the pedals with 5/23 Aluminum Rivets that way the bolts will not come loose. So far so good and nice addition to the interior. :thumbup: