Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Airbag Light Fault Code 195

Got a Duramatric for Christmas, hoping to clear the notorious airbag light. However, the airbag fault codes would not clear. I emailed Durametric and got a quick response from Duram. He stated that this was a fatal error that could not be cleared. Most likely cause is when your battery is dead (as happened to me) and you hook up jumper cables with the ignition on (as I inadvertently did).

Sheesh...I wish Porsche had put this in the owners' manual. :huh:

Hi Loren...Happy New Year to you.

The airbag light came on when the car restarted after the battery died. And the ignition was on when the jumpers were connected to the battery. So I'm inclined to go with Duram's explanation.

Porsche have quoted big bucks to fix it, so I'm tempted to cover the light with thick masking tape for the moment. :rolleyes:

I wasn't posting this as a problem. Just a warning to make sure the ignition is set to Off before attaching jumpers to the battery.

I bought a 2000 Boxster S last summer with 76K miles and an airbag light on. The previous owner had had the buckle/TSB work done and the light cleared but came back after about 6 months. I took the car back to the same indy (very versed in Porsches) and had the code cleared but the mechanic told me it was coming back on and he would have to do some looking to checking to figure out how to clear the light for good.

Well, after six months of enjoying the car, with no other problems to report, I decided to simply remove the offending airbag light. I figured that removing the light would look better than tape. Getting to the light was fairly simple (r/r took about 20 minutes) and now my instrument panel looks so much better!

I know that I didn't fix anything, and sometime, at my convenience, I may try to have the airbag light problem truely fixed. For now, I'll enjoy my redlight free Boxster.

Got a Duramatric for Christmas, hoping to clear the notorious airbag light. However, the airbag fault codes would not clear. I emailed Durametric and got a quick response from Duram. He stated that this was a fatal error that could not be cleared. Most likely cause is when your battery is dead (as happened to me) and you hook up jumper cables with the ignition on (as I inadvertently did).

I had this problem too...airbag light on...ended costing me £350 (approx $700) to replace the airbag ECU...fixed it!

I had this problem too...airbag light on...ended costing me £350 (approx $700) to replace the airbag ECU...fixed it!

So is this stored in flash memory somewhere?

Is there anyway to clear that memory rather than replace the Airbag control unit?

My concern here is that if that light is on -- will it disable all the airbags?

thanks,

Mike

• Admin

So is this stored in flash memory somewhere?

Is there anyway to clear that memory rather than replace the Airbag control unit?

My concern here is that if that light is on -- will it disable all the airbags?

thanks,

Mike

The airbag light can be cleared with a PST2 or PIWIS - IF (and only IF) the condition that caused it has been corrected.

So if it says you have a bad control unit - then it should be replaced (certainly for safety).