Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

anyone got a wiring diagram for a 2002 C4?

my folks just picked up a 2002 C4 after me bigging up my 996 and its taken a funny electrical turn.

basically its lost illumination to the dashboard, internal switches etc, the rear plate lights dont work and the rear right fog light stopped working too.

now i know everything except the rear fog light runs from the same circuit but im trying to look at the wiring diagram to see if i can find any common point that may be a potential to investigate.

i only have the schematics for the 1999-2000 models though and am unsure if there were any significant changes so am sort of hampered.

if anyone can pm me a pdf or give any suggestions that would be great. by the way its def not the fuse :)

its cold and wet here so maybe damp has gotten into something? its weird that they were all working fine and then just stopped, came back on briefly and then nothing since

thanks for that.

are you sure about the rear fog lights though? my us spec has two (well i think though im now second guessing myself) and this one for sure has two bulbs fitted up, one on each side though its entirely possible that its there but left unoperational thats for sure.

im getting side lights, tail lights and headlights etc all working fine, though ive now got the left side dipped headlight also not operating....again with fuse and bulb fine.

would this be pointing to an issue all with the switch?

Edited by thewightstuff

• Moderators

Porsche's delivered new have only one rear fog light, however, it is still possible that the previous owner did a modification, i can not know that. It looks like the car is suffering with a strange electrical behavior, once with the dash, switch and rear plate illumination, than with a headlight, i would still check the light switch to start with.

thank you both for the replies.

im sort of flying blind as im back in the UK after visiting my parents for christmas. I head back to USA next week. i dont have any of my literature etc with me so am operating from memory mostly just now.....with a huge feeling off guilt after suggesting the purchase and glowing about my own car.

their car is a UK spec 2002 C4 and was operating fine but has now just taken a turn it seems, sadly pretty much as soon as we got it home. it will all get sorted im sure as it was dealer bought, my own thoughts were switch too, its just with it being a weekend and me heading away next week im sort of wildy trying to diagnose for them before they condemn the car and to appease my own internal guilt lol.

update......

im getting 12v across fuse A5 (im not sure how i didnt before) but nothing on that circuit is operational. they dont seem to have a common ground so that presumably rules that option out. the schematic shows the out from A5 going to BS10/1 term 58 and also splitting to weld point 35, also term 58. does this indicate a problem with the bridge point? im not even sure what the function of these are other than relay related. as you can tell im not an auto electrician however i am an engineer so can usually make out most things. this common mentioning of term58, which is the headlight switch positions I and II has me slightly confused though since it appears all over the place in relation to the drawing im working off

im not getting 12v across fuse A9, but am across fuse A10. this headlight is working and the one from A9 isnt (surprise surprise, so perhaps switch is for sure the culprit here)

Edited by thewightstuff