Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Daytime RL with PCM and Sport Chrono

Hey there:

I have a 2006 C2 Carrera Cab. I've looked in the PCM for Indivd (individual memory) and it isn't there. I have the PCM with the sport chrono package, so what gives?

I'd really like daytime running lights.

Thanks!

Edited by egghead

Direct from the Owner's Manual

Further individual light functions (e.g. daytime driving

lights) are available in vehicles with the Sport

Chrono package.

Please observe the chapter “Individual Memory” in

the separate PCM operating instructions.

Right, "Please observe the chapter “Individual Memory” in the separate PCM operating instructions." Does anyone have that chapter or know where it is? I couldn't find it.

Up top -Documents- owners manuals- 06 Carrera

Sorry, I thought you didn't have the manual!

Edited by larrytrk

I had the same problem with my 05 C2S cab with power seats, sport chrono etc. My dealer said it couldn't be done on my car, even though my manual, like yours, said there should have been a menu item for DT running lights.

In my current 07 T4S, the menu item was there, and I was able to set up DT running lights myself without any PIWIS or dealer involvement.

Just another aggravation with the whole obscure PCM system and confusing instructions in manuals. And ignorant dealership personnel.

• Moderators

It is not the PCM and the manual which are the culprit, some cars are not programed as its should during the production, it's a dealer's duty to check and correct all control boxes before delivery to the customer.

Individual memory may not be there depending on what options your car is equipped with. Its definitely possible to activate DRLs through the PCM on cars that are optioned correctly. I believe you need i 640 sport chrono package plus, just having sport chrono is not enough. If you do not see individual memory in your pcm when you hit the set button from the main screen you will need to have the dealer activate the DRL's with the tester.

Edited by PTEC

Individual memory may not be there depending on what options your car is equipped with. Its definitely possible to activate DRLs through the PCM on cars that are optioned correctly. I believe you need i 640 sport chrono package plus, just having sport chrono is not enough. If you do not see individual memory in your pcm when you hit the set button from the main screen you will need to have the dealer activate the DRL's with the tester.

Yes.... I have an '08 C2 with the sport chrono package plus and was able to activate DRL's through the PCM. Also, I was able to activate the automatic door locking system. Great that Porsche put this in our hands.

Harvey in Md

Yes.... I have an '08 C2 with the sport chrono package plus and was able to activate DRL's through the PCM. Also, I was able to activate the automatic door locking system. Great that Porsche put this in our hands.

Harvey in Md

My '05 C2S is also set up the same way.

• 3 weeks later...

Harvey in Md

I have a 2007 C4S with sport chrono and NAV and I can set the DRLs in the PCM screen. One note! The car has to be "On" (but not necessarily running). I tried to do it with the key in the ignition, and couldn't do it. Tried again in "on" position and could get to the screen.

I think you get to it by going to "MAIN" and then hitting "SET" and dialing to the "Indiv Mem" option from there.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Ok, I'm ticked off now. The Porsche Dealer around here first said that it couldn't be done. Then they said it could be done. Then they said that they couldn't do it on my car because "someone" had messed with the radio (I've installed a Denison Gateway). I'm wondering if they're just incompetent or if the Denison really made it so they can't turn on "Indiv Mem".

Arrrgh.

Edited by egghead

The Porsche dealer around here (B----vue) recommended that we go to Benchmark Motoring. Does anyone on this forum have experience with them? I'd rather just go to my brothers girlfriends fathers place (the junkyard).

Is there somewhere around Seattle where there is a Porsche dealer (or someone with a PIWIS) who isn't a total knob?

Thanks.

The Porsche dealer around here (B----vue) recommended that we go to Benchmark Motoring. Does anyone on this forum have experience with them? I'd rather just go to my brothers girlfriends fathers place (the junkyard).

Is there somewhere around Seattle where there is a Porsche dealer (or someone with a PIWIS) who isn't a total knob?

Thanks.

I doubt if any 'independent' has the PIWIS ($$$$) unless they service a high volume of late model Porsche cars. The Durametric S/W device (a lot of Porsche shops and enthusiasts own them) might be able to set or reset various parameters or switches. I know it resets the service indicator. Possibly someone will chime in if it does other functions.

Good luck & keep us posted!

Edited by AP 997S

is the sports chrono plus package plus actually hardware related or just programing?

i retrofitted the nav in my 997 with sports chrono, but i'm unable to get the sports chrono to communicate with the PCM for the lap time functions. the dealer was able to program the nav to display on the dash lcd screen, but the functions of autolock, DRLs, etc... are not there.

any ideas?

i've had two dealers look at this and none of them were able to get this to work. they said they got the activation codes from Porsche but the functions still do not work.

I was wondering though, is there an additional wire that runs from the sports chrono to the PCM? My PCM has 3 plugs (1 for power, one for MOST cable, and not sure what the 3 is for but it is plugged in) and 2 antennas (one for GPS and second one is unused). Is the unused antenna for the phone antenna? or is this for the sports chrono?

Harvey in Md

I have a 2007 C4S with sport chrono and NAV and I can set the DRLs in the PCM screen. One note! The car has to be "On" (but not necessarily running). I tried to do it with the key in the ignition, and couldn't do it. Tried again in "on" position and could get to the screen.

I think you get to it by going to "MAIN" and then hitting "SET" and dialing to the "Indiv Mem" option from there.

If you have the menu but is not selectable (grayed out), what Harvey mentioned above is correct. You need to have the ignition in ON position in order for the menu to be selectable.

If the menu missing completely (for car with sport chrono), the dealer should be able to configure it.