Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Rear quarter window creaking noise

As posted earlier I picked up my new Carrera S about a month ago. Overall, an amazing car and enjoying it thoroughly. However, I began noticing a creaking noise coming from the left rear window noticed only when going over bumpy roads. I had my poor girlfriend ride in the back pressing on the window and of course all noises were gone. I contacted my dealer in regards to this issue and they informed me that the rubber seal may be faulty and replaced it under warranty. I got the car back yesterday when the temp was in the 50's and things were peachy -- no noises whatsoever. BUT, later that night, as the car had been sitting in cold temperatures, I noticed that annoying sound again. Is this normal?? This is my second 911 and am well aware of noises on our babies but with less than 500 miles is kinda silly IMHO. Would love to know if any of you have had this same problem and what fixes are available.

• Moderators

The rear windows are slightly adjustable (in/out) with two small nuts on the B-pillar area, if the krytox wont work let your dealer adjust the window and re tighten the nuts.

Have the exact same on 2008 C4S. Also rear right.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

I can actually force the noise but tapping/hitting the window. Showed that the dealer and he told me same/similar as RFM. Car will go back tomorrow to reset/adjust these 2 post the window sits on. Supposedly they are plastic. let's keep each other in touch till its gone...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks

I have a 2006 Carerra S and there's a persistent 'flexing' noise over bumps from the rear right hand side too. I had thought it was some problem with the speaker grill / panel around it but had never thought of the rear window. Once you notice it it drives you NUTS!!! I took mine to Manhattan Motorcars (who are great by the way - if you use them ask for 'Lenka' - best customer service I've had) and they said they had cured it but it is still there (the only small blemish on their record). This gives me a new line of investigation. Good luck guys...

Edited by man_on_an_island

• 5 weeks later...
Hi Folks

I have a 2006 Carerra S and there's a persistent 'flexing' noise over bumps from the rear right hand side too. I had thought it was some problem with the speaker grill / panel around it but had never thought of the rear window. Once you notice it it drives you NUTS!!! I took mine to Manhattan Motorcars (who are great by the way - if you use them ask for 'Lenka' - best customer service I've had) and they said they had cured it but it is still there (the only small blemish on their record). This gives me a new line of investigation. Good luck guys...

I had a "squeaking"noise coming from the rear on my C4S Cab. I could replicate it by gently pressing on the cabriolet panel behind the rear window. The dealer gave me a can or Wurth (German) rubber lubricant and told me it is required use on all rubber gaskets and such annually. He applied it and I have been free of noises for about 7 months now. I suspect your P-car parts counter sells it.