Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Aero Skirts w/out Front bumper?

I just purchased the factory aero skirts for my 99' C2 Coupe. I was wondering if anyone has installed them without the matching front bumper? I would love to preview what my car might look like if you know what I mean...

If you have done this can you send me a photo(s) or possibly a link to your Garage?

If you think that it is going to look completely silly then what do you suggest?

(I live in Southern California: Land of speed bumps, steep driveways and dips in the road. As much as I would love the performance/look of it, I'm sure my car would not like the lower clearance in the front as it would probably get all scrapped up... Not to mention a whole new front bumper appears to be quite expensive)

The side skirts are going to be lower than your stock bumper, dont really know what it is going to look like. The Aerokit bumper is not lower in the front in my opinion, unless you install the front lip spoiler. i think the most different part of the aerokit bumper and the stock one is the sides of it, they droop down alittle more, matching the side skirts. dont think you would have a problem with a new bumper..

Quite a few people have done the side skirt only approach so I am surprised no one posted a picture.

I dont have a picture but I have seen a few with only the side skirts. I think it looks OK It definitelly accentuates the 'middle' of the car and makes it look more substantial. If you like the side skirt look, then I think you will be happy with it w/ or w/o the aero front bumper.

Come to think of it... I haven't seen the aero front bumper that will fit the 99's for sale separately. I have seen the GT 2 & 3 bumpers. & I have seen the GT lower lip spoiler add on in Perf Products... Hmmmm, Has anyone seen anything else for sale out there that matches nicely with the rounded flowing aero side skirts?

Paul

My 996 came equipped with only the side skirts. IMHO they make the car look even more rounded and help make the car appear even lower than it is. Everyone who's seen it remarks at how good they look. You can sort of make them out in my avatar.

At this point I may add an aero front and rear spoiler but I have to admit I'm smitten with the looks of the skirts and the clean lines of the front and rear ends.

Hope this helps!

• Admin
Hello,

How can a "import "a picture as a response into this forum. I have a 1999 C2 996 with side skirts only and would like to show you how that looks like.

Please let me know.

Thanks

HarryR

You can either attach a file using the Browse button at the bottom of the posting page. Regular members are limited to 120k size per post. Or use the IMG button to link to an image offsite (size is not limited).