Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Need help with fault codes on 04 CS

Hi.

Can anyone help me with these fault codes the Durametric read out of my Cayenne today and what to do to resolve them.

Load management operat. on vehicle.

Could this have anything to do with the engine vibration/misfiring from 1200-1600rpm on high gear shifts?

Air quality sensor

I changed both servomotors for the temperature mixing valves on left and right side today. My hands are sore and all scratched up, due to the narrow spaces in the dashboard. Hope I never, ever have to this job again..... :angry:

Steering-angle sensor

When reading of the fault codes in the PCM system with the Durametric, I got an PSM alarm on the dashboard when I reset the fault code. When I start up the car and drive, the warning disappears. Any ideas why? Something to worry about?

Thanks in advance

Isak

• Admin

Fault code 0907

Load management operation on vehicle electrical system/DME control module

Possible causes of fault

- 'no display' Loads are/were switched off temporarily. The load management operation was enabled because of undervoltage.

Fault code 1592

Air Quality Sensor

Possible causes of fault

- Short circuit to ground

- Implausible signal

- Open circuit/short circuit to B+

- Air quality sensor faulty

- Front air-conditioning system regulator control module faulty

Fault code 0778

Steering-angle sensor

Possible causes of fault

- No message from steering-angle sensor (no signal/communication)

Battery problems???

I agree with Loren about the battery but be sure to also test the rear battery if your vehicle has one. May I ask why you changed servo motors for a air sensor code??

Hi and thanks for answers.

I changed the servomotors due to fault codes on these. Had some problems with temperature regulation on left side, changed both to be sure. Opened the servomotor and it seems like the little plastic wheels and screws are just worn out. (bad Bosh quality, different manufacturer on the new ones)

Can anyone tell me where to find the air quality sensor?

I got under voltage during testing of the servomotors, and had to recharged the battery. But it seems like the Durametric is not able to delete and reset the fault code for the load management system. The indication shows ca 12 v after stopping the car. Should it be more? If I change the battery, is it advisable to use the charger to keep power on the car while i change it? This car has only one battery beneath the drivers seat. Do I have to dismantle the driver seat to perform this operation?

Any idea what battery suits this vehicle best?

Isak

• Admin

Before I would change it any more parts I would have the battery tested.

If you need to replace the battery get a properly sized 95 - 110 AH battery. 110 AH if you have a lot of electrical options or tow.

I would also reset the codes and see of they come back.

• 2 weeks later...

907 is a garbage fault. You'll find that in just about every Cayenne out there. Erase it and don't worry about it.

The air quality sensor is indeed where loren mentioned. If you take off the cover for the brake fluid resevoir you'll find it attached on the bottom of the cowl, toward the center of the vehicle. If it comes back after you erase, its common for this to get left unconnected if you've had a new windshield installed.

As far as the PSM light goes, its pefectly normal for that happen if the battery has been disconnected.

Edited by PTEC

907 is a garbage fault. You'll find that in just about every Cayenne out there. Erase it and don't worry about it.

The air quality sensor is indeed where loren mentioned. If you take off the cover for the brake fluid resevoir you'll find it attached on the bottom of the cowl, toward the center of the vehicle. If it comes back after you erase, its common for this to get left unconnected if you've had a new windshield installed.

As far as the PSM light goes, its pefectly normal for that happen if the battery has been disconnected.

Hello again.

Think I found it. It was attached on the underside of the plastic cover. It has the part number 7L0907643. Can't erase the fault code, so I guess I have to buy a new.

By the way, what does this sensor do?

• Admin

Hello again.

Think I found it. It was attached on the underside of the plastic cover. It has the part number 7L0907643. Can't erase the fault code, so I guess I have to buy a new.

By the way, what does this sensor do?

Don't buy a new one until you erase the fault - perhaps Durametric can not erase that fault.

Have someone with a PST2 or PIWIS try to erase the fault.