Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

evoms flash ...

the big question is... is this the first step in modding or the last? if it is the first, you really want to make sure the tune is appropriate for all of your current and future hardware. (or is upgradeable). otherwise you spend more money later on the appropriate flash. Usually it is suggested to improve flow with an exhaust upgrade...this will get you more out of your tune. also consider upgrading the DV's.

When have you ever known the first mod to be the last? It's simply the first step in a list of future things the new owner decides he wants in order to to enhance the performance to a certain level.......What level? That's another issue....

You really need to give some thought to what your final objective is...and then work with a tuner to buy and install the parts and products that give you that performance. There is an order in which you should install mods...and Bill just gave you a suggestion. The exhaust system is an important step in allowing the flash to work to the maximum extent possible. Diverter Valves are suggested not because they add a lot of power, but because they're more reliable than the OEM plastic ones.

I thought you might like someone to actually answer your question!I have an EVOMS flash in my GT2 and I've had some problems.As far as I am concerned their product support is crap.Getting help from them is very difficult.

I thought you might like someone to actually answer your question!I have an EVOMS flash in my GT2 and I've had some problems.As far as I am concerned their product support is crap.Getting help from them is very difficult.

Well we actually did give an answer..just not yours. Since he will be getting the flash done by sharky...it will be supported. Sharkworks has a fine reputation AFAIK.

I thought the reply was a bit snippy....but the bottom line is that most responses to forum questions are given in good faith and in an effort to help out. Alex at Sharkwerks uses the EVOMS flash...which I believe is called the EVOM-Sit flash. EVOMS previously used the GIAC product line, but now use their own proprietary EVOM flash poduct.

My previous 996 was flashed by Alex using the GIAC software, but this time around I chose another tuner. There is a poll on either Rennlist or 6 Speed about who uses what flash....but the answers are driven by what folks currently have with little information on what drawbacks people ran into with any particular product line. There's a bit of reticence about naming names on these forums...and if you want to solicit specific answers regarding how good a product is....look at the signature blocks of the various forum members who have posted, and PM them offline....that way you'll get the real skinny on a product, person, or service. By "get the real skinny" I don't mean that what you're hearing is necessarily true or the way it actually happened...but folks will generally fill you in on the details of the particular product without putting the issue out to a national forum...

Edited by Chuck Jones

Sharkwerks is indeed a great place...Alex and James do a fantastic job and have a well earned and deserved reputation. They do not however develop their own product. They are affiliated with Todd at EVOMS and use a lot of the EVOMS products in their builds....the EVOMsit flash being one of them. That flash was developed as a proprietary EVOMS product rather than continue to use the GIAC flash....

• 2 weeks later...
so i got the flash and alex and them at sharkwerks were great im getting .08 to 1.0 bar boost is that what u guys are getting for boost on a 01 nonx50

That is probably about as good as you will get (or want) with K16s...any more is too much for those turbos.

• 3 weeks later...
so i got the flash and alex and them at sharkwerks were great im getting .08 to 1.0 bar boost is that what u guys are getting for boost on a 01 nonx50

Great to meet you bernie and thanks for swinging by... 1.0bar is about all you want from a K16 car with an exhaust. Anymore than that and you're just spinning the turbos out of their efficiency range anyways ;)

Thanks for the kind words guys!