Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

TT Oil Consumption?

I've owned a 2001 TT for six months now, and it now has 8400 miles. I've had to add a quart of oil every 1000 miles. Is this typical of these cars? The salesperson at Carlsen Porsche warned me about this as I was buying the car, but this rate surprises me.

I know it's apples and oranges, but my 99 carrera never needed extra oil between changes.

TIA,

John :drive:

Is there any oil on the floor or engine? I have read many times and told many times that "all" porsches tend to leak oil... I have a turbo car(not a porsche) and the turbo is fed oil from the engine and being part of the exhaust, the oil burns having to keep adding more every so often. My Boxster does leak oil, soon to be fixed. But as a said before, most likely, it will again from another source( I know a lot of porsche owners that have had the same problem)

Porsche's oil consumption policy is one qt every 600 miles. Technically, you are outside the window of alarm. However, oil usage depends on how hard you run the car. If your foot is in it most of the time, you will use more oil. 1000 miles per qt is not too bad. Consumption may improve as the car accumulates mileage. I use about a qt/2000 miles, but I drive like an old man and the car has 17,000 miles. Initially, my oil consumption was a lot higher than now.

• 1 year later...
I've owned a 2001 TT for six months now, and it now has 8400 miles. I've had to add a quart of oil every 1000 miles. Is this typical of these cars? The salesperson at Carlsen Porsche warned me about this as I was buying the car, but this rate surprises me.

I know it's apples and oranges, but my 99 carrera never needed extra oil between changes.

TIA,

John :drive:

What type of oil are you using and how often do you change it?