Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Accelaration Issues..Please help :-(

I have a 2001 porsche boxster S- with 76K miles- at first I got codes p1128 and p1130...I went to the dealership and they told me that the MAF could be bad..I said no problem, so I went and purchased a brand new one and replaced it...the car worked great for about 3 days then I got a serious drop in acceleration in all gears, I'll press the gas pedal down all the way and it will only speed up much later or when the pedal is on the floor as well there is louder ticking sounds in the engine bay and the exhaust note is much louder it sounds bad. The new codes that come up now are p0442 and p0430( leak in the evap) & (cat efficiency below thresh hold) I cleared the codes and same ones came up again. I would assume its the MAF , but the code no longer comes up...what can it be..I am so lost..I will be taking it to the dealership if no solution is possible. Can an evap leak or bad cat cause all these issues? I have an actron so if anyone wants graph print outs or sensor values..please let me know. Thanks!!

mrgylex@gmail.com

well...noone has replied so I decided to take the car to the dealership...after all the trouble of doing my own diagnostics it ended up being that the gas cap O-ring was severly rotted out and letting gasses into the evap system so that caused the loss of acceleration. As well some hose fittings were changed to tighter ones as they lost the tight seal they originally had. I still have the cat effeciency code..guessing its genuinely a cat issue and need to replace it.

Did you do a search here?

I think not or you have gotten loads of information - as these have been covered many many times.

Solve your fault code problems one at a time - you could have more than one problem.

Ive researched this site for days looking for awnsers...ultimateley did not help the dealership found the problem 3 hours in...gas cap with bad O-ring , although i still have a very very small engine hesitation now..still much better....more headaches to eventually deal with .

• 1 year later...

I think not or you have gotten loads of information - as these have been covered many many times.

Solve your fault code problems one at a time - you could have more than one problem.

How do you search/find older threads on here? Sorry I haven't been on this forum for a long time, but my throttle hesitation is happening again and I'm trying to find one of my older threads which had some valuable info I might need.

• Admin

How do you search/find older threads on here? Sorry I haven't been on this forum for a long time, but my throttle hesitation is happening again and I'm trying to find one of my older threads which had some valuable info I might need.

Help - right next to where you sign in at the top right - will bring you to: Help Topic: Searching

http://www.renntech....lp&do=01&HID=24

Help - right next to where you sign in at the top right - will bring you to: Help Topic: Searching

http://www.renntech....lp&do=01&HID=24

I knew that, that's how I found this thread in the first place.:rolleyes: I meant how do I find my own old threads? When I click on my profile it only showed 3 of my threads, I'm pretty sure I had many more.

Thanks