Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

RUF? Which model?

I have more info on this car its a 2004 Ruf RGT RS, Man I want to add a a body kit like this on my car. They even brought back the ducktail!

Hey D_Man,

You should do it! I got the Ruf RGT front bumper and side skirts for my 996 Cab and I'm really happy with it. Ruf's aerokits actually improve performance (improved downforce and cooling) and look aggressive without being over the top (I am not a big fan of TechArt for this reason).

Anyway, you should contact Weissach (http://www.weissach.com). They're the North American distributor for Ruf.

Cheers,

.:programmatore:.

front.jpg

Programmatore,

Beautiful car!, Hey I found out how much they want for the 996 Ducktail,

Heres the reply.

------------------------ They wrote ----------------------------------------------

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your interest in Ruf products.

I have the RGT RS duck tail in stock. The price is $2750.00 USD + $ 75.00 USD S&H...2-7 day delivery to your location.

We accept Visa / Mastercard with a completed credit card form.

We have a online catalog at the website listed below.

Please let me know if I may answer any questions.

Thanks,

Andrew Sampson

Wholesale Parts

Weissach

Authorized Agents / RUF Automobile/ Lotus /Lamborghini

ph 604-738-4434

fx 604-738-8824

1-800-665-6688

www.weissach.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yeah who says less is not More!, I'll be taking the regular porsche wing, thanks

BTW did you hear RUF is opening a center in Dallas Texas, Parts Cars etc.

Proammatore,

Car looks great. I have a Atlas Grey 2004 C4S and I'm thinking of adding the Ruv RGT kit. If you don't mind asking, how much did you pay for the front bumper and side skirts? Did you have to get them painted and if so, who did it? Also, who did the install? Local Porsche Dealer?

Thanks,

DFC.

I have more info on this car its a 2004 Ruf RGT RS, Man I want to add a a body kit like this on my car. They even brought back the ducktail!

Hey D_Man,

You should do it! I got the Ruf RGT front bumper and side skirts for my 996 Cab and I'm really happy with it. Ruf's aerokits actually improve performance (improved downforce and cooling) and look aggressive without being over the top (I am not a big fan of TechArt for this reason).

Anyway, you should contact Weissach (http://www.weissach.com). They're the North American distributor for Ruf.

Cheers,

front.jpg

Proammatore,

Car looks great.  I have a Atlas Grey 2004 C4S and I'm thinking of adding the Ruv RGT kit.  If you don't mind asking, how much did you pay for the front bumper and side skirts?  Did you have to get them painted and if so, who did it?  Also, who did the install?  Local Porsche Dealer? 

Thanks,

DFC.

Hey DFC,

It's been a while so I don't remember exactly how much I paid for the front bumper and skirts. I believe it was around $2,500 shipped. I ordered them from Weissach. The front bumper will be slightly different for your car since you have an '04 (facelift) but the side skirts should be the same. I believe the rear wing costs around $2,200. (I didn't get the rear wing because it would've interfered with the convertible top mechanism -- but it looks great on a coupe.) Anyway, check with Weissach for the current prices.

I used a body shop in my area called Wagonworks that works mostly with high-end German cars. They're a bit pricier than others but they do good work. I recommend you check out body shops in your area before you order the kit. I was surprised that a lot of body shops would not touch aftermarket kits. The dealer would definitely not install an aftermarket kit.

The bumper and skirts come unfinished. The body shop had to prime and sand them (3 times!) to get them ready for painting. I thought it was a bit much but the results were awesome -- the finish was very smooth and they blended the paint so well that you'd think the bumper came with the car. Shop around for a good body shop and don't try to skimp -- you don't want your Carrera looking like a ricer with a bolted on bumper!

One last thing, the bumper reinforcement bar on my 2000 Carrera had to be cut a little -- about an inch on each side -- to make room for the bigger air intakes in the Ruf bumper. Don't worry, it is still safe and you would have to do this too if you install the Turbo or GT2 bumper on your car. The bumper comes with custom ducting that replaces the current ducts (the bigger intakes and custom ducting improve brake cooling). Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,

Here's a picture of the Ruf RGT front bumper for facelift cars:

r9650050550-1.jpg

• 9 months later...

I have made the big step to get an after market wing. Here is the new tail I'm getting for my 996.

I saw only one of these at the Porsche parade in Hershey PA. My first 1975 911S had a ducktail, call me old fashion I guess.

D

post-2874-1121524601_thumb.jpg

I had a look around the Weissach web site and I found this picture. I particularly like this wing because of the crease that runs horizontally between the rear lights.

Does anybody know about another wing (from a different manufacturer) that looks like that and can be purchased separately at a reasonable cost? This the first wing that I actually like because it looks like a factory designed and installed item.

HarryR C2 1999

post-1096-1121529969_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...