Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

PCCB Repacement

tjmturbo

Loren,

Can you give me some guideance on PCCB rotor replacement for a 2007 GT3. The ceramic rotors are showing signs of wear and I would like to replace them with steel. The car is a track car and the cost of ceramic rotors is now prohibitive. I was hoping to replace the caramics with GT3 Cup rotors. I think the front Cup rotors will work ok.

The rear rotors seem to be a problem, something to do with the emergency brakes that sit behind the rotor hats. My question is, if I eliminate the emergency brake pads and associated hardware and tie off the cables will the Cup rotors work on the rear. Are the sizes compatable front and rear.

If Cup rotors won't work are there other alternatives other than going with stock steel rotors?

Thanks for you help.

Tom

• Admin

Well, since you are in the US you can likely be cited in several states for no emergency brakes - if you go with the Cup rear brakes.

The Cup/Grand-Am cars use center lock hubs so I am not sure how the floating rotors will bolt up without them.

I think they are larger diameter rotors and the calipers are 6 pot - so you I'm not sure the ABS will work properly.

Have you talked to Porsche about the PCCB? - 2nd gen are supposed to be very good.

• 1 month later...
Well, since you are in the US you can likely be cited in several states for no emergency brakes - if you go with the Cup rear brakes.

The Cup/Grand-Am cars use center lock hubs so I am not sure how the floating rotors will bolt up without them.

I think they are larger diameter rotors and the calipers are 6 pot - so you I'm not sure the ABS will work properly.

Have you talked to Porsche about the PCCB? - 2nd gen are supposed to be very good.

Hi Loren,

I'm wondering how can we identify if the PCCB is Gen1 or 2?

Thanks

• Admin

Hi Loren,

I'm wondering how can we identify if the PCCB is Gen1 or 2?

Thanks

By the model and year of your car.

• 2 weeks later...
If Cup rotors won't work are there other alternatives other than going with stock steel rotors?

Thanks for you help.

Tom

I have attached a link to a thread on 6speedonline directly related to the use of the Cup rotors to replace the PCCB. You may find it very informative.

PCCB to GT3 Cup steel rotors- bitter sweet conversion

I have also been looking at 2 piece steel rotor alternatives that are compatible with the OEM PCCB caliper. Stoptech makes a DRK front (81.796.9911) and rear (81.792.9912) set as does Giro disc but I don't have the Giro part numbers. The Stoptechs require a modified brake pad. Based on what I have been told the pads need to be cut down as the factory rotor has a large annulus and the Stoptech has a small annulus. But Stoptech has already modified pads available from PFC (01 & 97 compound) and Porterfield R4S. I have the templates for modifying the front (D991) and rear (D1300) shapes if you need them.