Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

hi just wondering if anyone knows how or if it is possible or not to make 996 standard alarm bleep when it is locked or unlocked.

i love that touch :renntech:

Nope...you can rig it to sound, but that just means one of the sensors is tripped...some folks will open the center console to do this.

hi just wondering if anyone knows how or if it is possible or not to make 996 standard alarm bleep when it is locked or unlocked.

i love that touch :renntech:

Nope...you can rig it to sound, but that just means one of the sensors is tripped...some folks will open the center console to do this.

that will make a horn type sound wont it? and will it do it when the car is opened?

also if it is left open for some time will it not set the alarm off?

As far as I know, you cannot. The reason is that Porsche has already configured the alarm to beep once in certain circumstances - the one described above (where something is left open - in my case I have heard it when I haven't fully closed the front trunk, etc.), and the other situation I'm aware of is when you intentionally disarm the interior motion sensors. In order to intentionally disarm the interior motion sensors, you have to double-click the alarm (hold...lift.hold...) or alternatively using the key in the door, turn...center.turn.... This still sets the alarm for the doors, but inactivates the interior motion sensors, and the Porsche alarm provides you with confirmation of this by honking the horn once (at least on a 1999). I also owned a 1999 Boxster, and it exhibited exactly the same behavior. I had to begin using this feature on our Boxster because the alarm would go off in the middle of the night once every couple weeks. It really pissed off the neighbors. Finally, inactivating the interior motion sensor took care of that problem.

As far as I know, you cannot. The reason is that Porsche has already configured the alarm to beep once in certain circumstances - the one described above (where something is left open - in my case I have heard it when I haven't fully closed the front trunk, etc.), and the other situation I'm aware of is when you intentionally disarm the interior motion sensors. In order to intentionally disarm the interior motion sensors, you have to double-click the alarm (hold...lift.hold...) or alternatively using the key in the door, turn...center.turn.... This still sets the alarm for the doors, but inactivates the interior motion sensors, and the Porsche alarm provides you with confirmation of this by honking the horn once (at least on a 1999). I also owned a 1999 Boxster, and it exhibited exactly the same behavior. I had to begin using this feature on our Boxster because the alarm would go off in the middle of the night once every couple weeks. It really pissed off the neighbors. Finally, inactivating the interior motion sensor took care of that problem.

oh

also you sound as though you would know how do you set it so the doors automaticly lock wen you set off driving?

When you hit the remote twice (as stated above) and lock the doors but deactivate the interior sensors, you should get 1 beep. If your alarm is going off randomly that is another issue. The beeps do not occur when the car is opened. The car can be programmed using PST2 or PIWIS to:

type 1: doors lock automatically when ignition is switched on

type 2: Doors lock automatically when speed of 5-10 km/hr is exceeded

type 3: Doors lock automatically when ignition is switched on. If doors are opened with the engine running, they lock when speeds hot 5-km/hr.

type 4: the doors do not lock automatically

additionally if you lock set the alarm and there are 2 beeps, something is wrong with the alarm or central locking system.