Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Additional underbody panel on 04 build 997C2S?

In addition to the damaged fender liner, I see that there is also a small, approx 8" squarish panel adrift just inboard of the attachment points of the right front wheel well liner, and just behind the front spoiler/bumper cap. Is there a p/n for this piece? It didn't show up on Sunset Imports' PET. Thanks

Can you ID the part in one of these diagrams?

post-1-1262553614_thumb.png

HAH! There's not a squarish piece in the bunch, but it looks like #7. I suppose the car should be on a lift to better i.d. it, but the bottom of the bumper cap to which it mates is cracked as well. Is #7 a single piece that spans the width of the underside between the wheels?

You might as well give me the p/n and MSRP for the bumper cap as well, and I'll make sure the adjuster is sitting down when I show him tomorrow! Thanks for the diagrams, and boy, do I miss driving the car!

Yes, item 7 covers the transmission.

997.504.429.01 Transmission cover -- US MSRP $102.18

Bumper cap? Do you mean the complete bumper cover?

OOPS! I was viewing the diagram as rear-to-front, rather than the other way around! It should be that huge p/n 1, and yes, I'll need the complete bumper cover. Thanks again.

• Admin
Yes, item 7 covers the transmission.

997.504.429.01 Transmission cover -- US MSRP $102.18

Bumper cap? Do you mean the complete bumper cover?

OOPS! I was viewing the diagram as rear-to-front, rather than the other way around! It should be that huge p/n 1, and yes, I'll need the complete bumper cover. Thanks again.

997.504.527.02 Main cover -- US MSRP $122.37

For the front bumper I need to know 6 speed? and headlight washers?

Oh, perhaps this would be a good time to upgrade to the Aerokit front bumper?

997.504.527.02 Main cover -- US MSRP $122.37

For the front bumper I need to know 6 speed? and headlight washers?

Oh, perhaps this would be a good time to upgrade to the Aerokit front bumper?

Yes, 6-speed and with headlight washers. What is the Aerokit front bumper and its MSRP? Wonder if I should press my luck. Thanks!

You da MAN Loren! The Aerokit looks a little busy for my tastes, and it might call too much attention to the S's phony-baloney blanked-off front intake. Maybe when I replace it with a Turbo or GT3. . .

And Happy New Year to you and all. Many thanks aGAIN!

...might call too much attention to the S's phony-baloney blanked-off front intake.

Just tell the adjuster that your third radiator was torn off in the crash. ;) Seriously, it can be added with relatively little effort.

Just what IS that center intake for? an extra coolant radiator? oil cooler? intercooler? I might wanna add one later--Aerokit or not--just to fill that annoying blank void. Perhaps the bumper cover for a Tip has the hole already cut out for, say, a transmission fluid cooler?

Edited by 355bhp

Tip gets a transmission cooler.

Aerokit/X51 get a 3rd radiator for the engine.

If the bumper cover is like the 996 version then you can always leave the center block plate in place.

The 997's center block plate is also a separate piece from the bumper cover. The adjuster showed me the PET diagram on his laptop. If I decided to leave the block plate off, would it look even sillier exposing the gaping hole along with also perhaps upsetting the aerodynamics?