Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I'm a newbie to forums so please take mercy.

I have a 2000 Porsche C4. Long story but...recently put in a rebuilt motor (same size, etc) at same time changed out the CATs (and all 4 O2 sensors) since some oil had gotten through the old ones. Have had some CEL issues since. was getting the P1128/P1130's - so thought the new CATs and/or O2 sensors were bad. Talked with the CAT supplier and he agreed to upgrade to the 'latest greatest' that were guanteed not to give a CEL. Well...after about 80 miles I got a CEL so dutifully searched the forum and saw the comments about the MAF so I took that out and cleaned it (with MAF Cleaner). Now I make it about 150'ish miles and get a CEL P1276. Have done this twice. I clear the CEL and start tracking it over - only get the 1276 and not bank #1, so can I rule out the MAF? It would be wierd to be a bad O2 sensor since all of them are only about 5,000 miles old. Also - I'm using the simple CodeKey Engine code reader - when I clear the P1276 - am I setting all the diagnostics back to default? (i.e. can I be masking that I may be about to get another code?).

Ideas?

P1128 is Fuel Injector cylinder #4 and P1130 is Fuel Injector cylinder #5. Not sure why you thought Not sure why this made you think the cats were bad.

P1276 is the Oxygen sendor before that cat on bank 2 (4-6 side so it includes cylinders 4 & 5). Did you check the connections/plugs for this sensor, or the wires. I damaged the wires on one of my sensors, happened to be the same one, and had to replace the sensor to get rid of hte code. Actually, I could clear the code with my Durametric, but it would come back in less than 100 miles.

I am betting it is the sensor.

• Admin

P1276 Signal Delay Time for Oxygen Sensor Aging, Bank 2 – Above/Below Limit

Possible fault causes:

- Oxygen sensor ahead of TWC

- Leak ahead of TWC or in the area of the oxygen sensor after TWC

- Wiring (oxygen sensors exchanged)

I would highly recommend the Durametric software, a PST2, or PIWIS to read and reset fault codes on Porsches.

If this is the only code you get then the problem is only bank 2.

I would erase it and see if it comes back. If it does, you likely have a bad O2 sensor before the cat.

Thanks Lauren and dharn55. I will clear it and see what happens. I did look ahead in the Tech Manual about changing out the O2 sensor. It says to remove the whole CAT before removing the sensor. Is that true or can I just unplug and remove the sensor without taking the whole cat out?

Also - where do you recommend picking up the durametric SW and PST2?

Glenn