Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Has anybody tried to put the new 10' TT PDK paddle shift steering wheel in a 09' Non TT PDK car? Porsche has no info from Germany as to whether this will work or not. Our customer doesn't want to spend the money to be the trial and error man.

I just wish I had ordered the heated steering wheel. It's been cold in SOFLA this winter.

Ed

I think I was one of the first to install the multi function buttons as a retro fit on a 987/997 gen 1. I took a calculated guess based on the parts catalogue and whether the control module for the steering wheel electronics was any different between cars equipped with or without the option and on differing years.

Regarding the physical fit of the wheel in question a quick scan of the steering column / fixing bolt and shroud between those cars fitted with it as standard and the model you propose the retro fit should determine compatability. For the electrical side of things its going to be the steering wheel electronics module that will determine if it can be retro fitted. I know of others on this forum that have fitted the gen 2 LED DRL's using the gen 2 front end control unit on a gen 1 car so its highly probable that even if the control module is different it will still interface with the rest of the can bus once coded. As far as I'm aware the difference between the two wheels you mention is primarily the switch contacts being on paddles rather than buttons.

Has anybody tried to put the new 10' TT PDK paddle shift steering wheel in a 09' Non TT PDK car? Porsche has no info from Germany as to whether this will work or not. Our customer doesn't want to spend the money to be the trial and error man.

Porsche as from this month offer this as a retrofit item from Tequipment. It's a straight swap but you need the PIWIS to activate certain things.

Edited by renos

Not a 997 but my dealer told me the new paddle wheel would fit my 09 CS PDK. I have one on order. Could it be that Porsche is using intelligent cross platform sourcing?

I've had it retrofitted last week. It works very well and it is a great improvement most of all because the shape and size of the paddle wheel is more ergonomic than the original.

I paid 970 Euro fitted.

Edited by renos

• 1 month later...

me too. The new wheel is a big improvement, looks fantastic, is a bit thicker in some places and the paddle operation is smooth.

One thing to know. In '09 PDK cars the retrofit will still work fine except for the little indicators (sport plus, launch control) on the steering wheel which remain inactive..

post-51131-127089446437_thumb.jpg

me too. The new wheel is a big improvement, looks fantastic, is a bit thicker in some places and the paddle operation is smooth.

One thing to know. In '09 PDK cars the retrofit will still work fine except for the little indicators (sport plus, launch control) on the steering wheel which remain inactive..

Mine is a 2009 model (manufactured 12/2008) and the sport and sport plus displays light up (left spoke). I was told that the LC display (right spoke) only works on 2010 cars.

• 13 years later...

What about adding the steering wheel with radio controls?  I have a 2010 997.2 S with sand beige interior. I would like to uograde to the radio controls on the steering wheel. I've only seen Cayenne/Panamera steering wheels in Beige with the controls. Is it the same size and will it work ( I know I will also need the control module and connections to the radio)