Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

child booster seat-FOUND A GREAT ONE

Hello all,

Just picked up a booster seat that fits perfectly in the back of the 997

Maxi Cosi Rodi XR

It is a high back booster, that converts to backless - good for 40-100 lbs.

It fits great - does not wiggle, aligns belts perfectly - sits far back to give leg room for the munchkin-and sts perfectly square - not off to the side.

I tried my britax marathon and sunshine kids radian 60 and it was going to be a battle with those - this is a way better option.

Brent

Thanks for the heads-up. Any idea how this seat compare to the Combi Dakota discussed in this thread: http://www.renntech....d-booster-seat/ It sounds like there is a big price difference. Having said that, I am more interested in finding out about which one fits best.

The maxi cosi has a full back that can be removed when they get older. It looks a bit narrower as well. I was able to get mine for $159 canadian.

Brent

Thanks for the heads-up. Any idea how this seat compare to the Combi Dakota discussed in this thread: http://www.renntech....d-booster-seat/ It sounds like there is a big price difference. Having said that, I am more interested in finding out about which one fits best.

The maxi cosi has a full back that can be removed when they get older. It looks a bit narrower as well. I was able to get mine for $159 canadian.

Brent

Brent,

can you post some pics of the setup? I currently use the Radian 80 and it's not pretty but it does kind of work. My daughter turns 4 in 11 months so I will be looking for something that fits better.

where did you get your maxi cosi? All the places I looked at sell it for $199 CDN + taxes. I see you are in BC so maybe I am out of luck.

Brent

Brent,

can you post some pics of the setup? I currently use the Radian 80 and it's not pretty but it does kind of work. My daughter turns 4 in 11 months so I will be looking for something that fits better.

where did you get your maxi cosi? All the places I looked at sell it for $199 CDN + taxes. I see you are in BC so maybe I am out of luck.

I will attempt the picture posting shortly. It was the last of the stores stock so they were blowing it out. Even at $199 cdn, it would be a good deal to have somthing that fits properly.

pics to follow

Brent

Thanks for the pics Brent. I will give it a try and see how it fits in my cab. I note from what others have written in the past that what fits in the coupe doesn't necessary fit in the cab. But I think I will give the Maxi Cosi a try. You are absolutely right. $199 pale in comparison to the safety and comfort of my precious daughter.

Thanks for the pics Brent. I will give it a try and see how it fits in my cab. I note from what others have written in the past that what fits in the coupe doesn't necessary fit in the cab. But I think I will give the Maxi Cosi a try. You are absolutely right. $199 pale in comparison to the safety and comfort of my precious daughter.

Have you tried it in the cab yet? I am looking for a booster seat that fits my 997 C4S and this one sounds perfect.

Have you tried it in the cab yet? I am looking for a booster seat that fits my 997 C4S and this one sounds perfect.

No i have not. My daughter just turned 3 yrs old so I have at least another 12 mths to find the right seat. If you look at the link I posted at an earlier post in this thread, there is another seat that seems to work for the cab.

• 2 months later...

I don't know if I'm allowed to sell but I have a Porsche Prince seat with a air bag disabler (just a bar, a connector to an electrical harness under the passenger seat, and a seat belt type latch).  this is designed so you can place a child in the passenger seat and you can plug-in the disable.  I purchased this for my 2000 Boxster, then continued using it in my 2004 Carrera.  I did modify the bracket so I don't think it will fit a bosxter anymore.  the bracket/bar, attaches to the two front bolts that secure the passenger seat.  In order to activate the air bag disabler, you must go to the dealer to have them send a code to the computer.  It was about 3 hundred plus when I bought it...

I'll let it go for $75  plus whatever shipping is required.  It's in good condition.

Let me know if you want pictures.

If I'm not supposed to sell here, I'm sorry.  I just thought I'd help someone.

Ken