Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Wurth German Alloy Silver Wheel Lacquer - Anyone Used it?

Thanks Loren. I had seen this article on the web. It's actually how I found the product. It looks really good. Have you used the product. Can you use a paint stripper on the rims. Mine have some areas where it looks like a chemical like brake fluid had gotten on the rim and wore off the paint in areas. It was like it when I bought the car. Refinishing it looks like an easy enough job. Entertaining and cheap.

• Admin

Which wheels are we talking about 1 piece or 2 (plus) pieces.

A stripper will take everything off and I would only use it if the wheels are real bad and in that case you might consider some professional cleaning.

Also, Wheel Enhancement takes trade-ins on will sell you new or reconditioned wheels.

If you strip the whole wheel down to the bare metal, then you will have to take a lot of time to prime and sand the entire wheel, inside and out. Most people just lightly sand the imperfections on the paint on the face of the wheel with fine wet and dry sand paper and only apply primer to the areas where they had to go down to bare metal. And then just paint the face of the wheel. Very often the paint inside the wheel is O.K., just really dirty and needs cleaning. Unless you're going to enter a concours, they you'll need to learn how to replicate the finish with a spray gun.

It's really important to buy the Wurth Clear Laquer, as the silver paint just puts down alot of metal flakes. It's the Clear Laquer that give the wheel the shiny wet look...

Edited by Lightning MO