Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Air Suspension Fault Question

Hello can anybody please help...

My cayenne s 06 is stuck in normal level ,the air suspension cannot lower itself ,only the front can.

Both in stand still and in motion over 100km/h

so the air suspension failure varning comes on.

Tried all manual settings AND WENT TO PC FOR A CODE READ AND IT SAID P01400 what does that code indicate????

Best regards Oskar

• Admin

Fault code 1400

Control position not adjustable

Possible cause of fault

- Control position not adjustable, vehicle too low or too high (no display)

1. Check mechanical and pneumatic components - replace damaged parts.

2. Check to see if other faults are recorded (e.g. 0774, 0775, 0776, 1780). Clear as needed.

3. Re-calibrate level control module.

If you clear the code does the code come back immediately (likely component failure or electrical connection issue). If the code clears and air ride starts to work as normal could be an intermitent or even 1 time issue. There are little sensors with little plastic arms on the suspension which detect the air suspension movement if one of these sensors in the rear is stuck or if the electrical connection to such has moisture in it there could be issue. Have you high pressure washed the vehicle lately? Run over or hit anything recently?

Hello Thank you for the info!

New problem........need help!

Today I tried to losen the electrical connectors for the levelling mechanism.

The connectors separated and I inspected them, it was dry inside and no damages.

Then I got a problem putting the connectors back together, the left one sliding OK,

but the right one did not go in place, no chans, then i tried to jerk it with a screwdriver and the connector on the harness side was broken, very bad!

However i managed to get the connectors back together,but its broken so I have to replace it as soon as possible,

do you know if its possible to get a replace connector or if I have to buy the whole harness???

Anyway still the back of the car wont go down only gives the air suspension error still.

A nice day

• 1 month later...

I also have problems with the air suspension... (Cayenne Turbo 04)

Every other day when I start the engine in about one minute the symbol of Air Suspension fault comes up.

I send the suv to my dealer and they are telling me that I need a new compressor...$$$

the error code is 1772.

Can someone confirm this code and if a new compressor would fix it?

Thank You

Joaquin

FAULT CODE 1772

PRESSURE TRANSMITTER SIGNAL LEAD

Possible cause of fault

Leak in the compressed air lines

Short circuit to B+ in the wiring of pin 84 of the level adjustment control unit

Short circuit to ground in the wiring of pin 84 of the level adjustment control unit

Open circuit in the wiring of pin 84 of the level adjustment control unit

Level adjustment control unit receives implausible signal from pressure transmitter

Pressure transmitter faulty

Level adjustment control unit faulty

Easiest thing to do first without spending money is to check all air lines for cracks/ leaks. Then hook up the air hose underneath the passenger seat to bleed off some air and listen if the compressor activates.

Edited by spyrwebs

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...

i have a problem like this, codes 1400, 1770, 1772, and 1780. What should i check? i have seen no cracks and i checked the compressor a couple days ago, and just now, it still works. i am getting a sensor reading on my front left of 1.62V while the others are at 0, did i connect something wrong? where is the sensor? everything seems to be working normal, but my front left pressure is like 99782 hpa, which is probably too high.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by KingOmega