Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

04 S Brake Light Wiring Harness

Ok thanks Loren. What sheet is this taken from? I have the wiring diagrams for my 04 S but could not find this sheet.

Also, I may need some help for this particular project I am thinking of doing.

I plan on installing a Kahtec Blinking Smart Stop Plus Flasher.

Their installation calls for the cutting of the power supply to both the left and right side of the brake light circuit. Then, only one supply side is used for both left and right brake lights via the controller supplied by Kahtec.

My question is, does the wiring harness split into left and right sides from a relay or module before it heads out to the tail light assemblies or is there two different supplies to the brake circuit from a relay or module?

Here is Kahtec's wiring diagram for the install. Note the fact that both power supplies are to be severed (one is used to power the flasher controller). My concern is that the computer will see the fact there is no power to one side or the other and throw out a warning to the dashboard about a light being out.

My goal is to tap into the power before any split to left and right sides to see if I can install this device that way. If the left and right sides are in fact coming off a common supply knowing the location would be helpful too!

Any help is very much appreciated.

SmartStop_Plus_Install.pdf

• Admin

Sheet 8 - Control Unit Comfort Systems Rear and Alarm Central Locking System.

As I read it power comes from the control unit so there are separate lines for that. What I do not know is what the controller will do when you put this product in series. It could give a light out warning, it could go bezerk, or it could smoke it.

Good Luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Just writing a follow up...

Installed the brake light flasher and it worked well enough. The problem is that it DID throw out the check rear brake light warning on the dash accompanied with the beep.

When the flashing cycle stopped and the brake lights went to constant on (while my foot was still on the brake pedal) the warning went away.

Didn't fry the controller module. Oh well, it was worth a shot for the extra safety I believe I'd get out of it.