Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

P0446, P1128, And P1130 Error Codes

Hi, a couple weeks ago I reported that I had trouble starting my 1999 996 C4 (102,000 miles). The car would crank but would not turn over. It would only start if I pressed the gas pedal down. This does not have everytime I start the car. I would say 1/10 times. I was advise that I could have a block fuel injectors so I had the fuel system cleaning done. The car was fine for a couple of days and then it returned.... I did not get an codes during this time....

Just now, I got the following three codes:

P0446

P1128

P1130

I have read the post regarding these and was wondering if their is a connection? Is it time to take the car to the dealer and let them figure it out? Could a block fuel line cause these codes?

Thanks for the help....

Oh and I have already cleaned the thottle body and MAF......

Edited by ultramens

You know of course that you can look these code here. Under the DIY menu is a listing of the codes. You have to be a member to access them I think.

I have a '99 986 that exhibits the same thing regarding the starting. If you find out, let me know. I have changed the Idle control valve, fuel filter, fuel pump, all of the coil packs, ignition switch, TB cleaned all to no avail.

As far as the codes you are getting, 1128 and 1130 went away when I had the AOS replaced and has not returned.

I still occassionally get the 0446, and have bought a $49 code reader that clears it out. BTW, I usually get the 0446 around 1/2 tank to 1/4 tank. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, but with 130K I am sure that sooner or later I will change a part that will get rid of the 0446 Gremlin.

Keep us posted as to the outcome from the dealer. ( I was advised that it could possibly be the Fuel Pressure Regulator...That is my next option to replace).

Thanks for the reply. I hope the dealer will be able to tell me more as I do not want to start replacing parts and have the symptom remain. I have a small oil leak on the bottom of the car and it looks to be like the AOS...

How much is it to replace the AOS? is it a DIY?

Has your car stalled? I was pulling on of my drive way and the car stalled (its a tip)... it seemed like it was not getting the right amount of gas/air? I started it up again and it ran fine...

Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the reply. I hope the dealer will be able to tell me more as I do not want to start replacing parts and have the symptom remain. I have a small oil leak on the bottom of the car and it looks to be like the AOS...

How much is it to replace the AOS? is it a DIY?

Has your car stalled? I was pulling on of my drive way and the car stalled (its a tip)... it seemed like it was not getting the right amount of gas/air? I started it up again and it ran fine...

Thanks for the help!

I had the AOS changed along with the starter so I'm not sure of the cost. I think both of them were around $1200.00.

And yes, I did have the stalling problem that you mentioned on a few occassions. It hasn't done that since the AOS got replaced.

Let me know what they come up with the 0446.

Good Luck.

So i got a new MAF from pelican and installed it last week... well this morning, the codes came back.... The indy already did a smoke test and found no leaks... any other ideas on what it is?

At this point, I dont even know if my original MAF was bad..... should I have taken the car to a Dealer and not an Indy?

Thanks

P0446 indicates that there is a problem with the activated charcoal filter / tank vent system. This is causing the mixture problems leading to the 1128/1130 codes. Possible causes for the 0446 code include:

- Purge air line plugged

- Tank vent stuck in the open state (vacuum continuously enters the tank system from the intake pipe)

- Activated charcoal filter shutoff valve is plugged/stuck in closed state

- Flow resistance of the activated charcoal filter is too high (filter deformed/plugged)

- Pressure sensor closes incorrectly (polarity reversal)

The factory manuals have a diagnosis procedure to determine and remedy the cause.

-Todd

• 1 year later...

P0446 indicates that there is a problem with the activated charcoal filter / tank vent system. This is causing the mixture problems leading to the 1128/1130 codes. Possible causes for the 0446 code include:

- Purge air line plugged

- Tank vent stuck in the open state (vacuum continuously enters the tank system from the intake pipe)

- Activated charcoal filter shutoff valve is plugged/stuck in closed state

- Flow resistance of the activated charcoal filter is too high (filter deformed/plugged)

- Pressure sensor closes incorrectly (polarity reversal)

The factory manuals have a diagnosis procedure to determine and remedy the cause.

-Todd

Todd, Do you have a picture or can you point me in the direction to a diagram as to where the purge line is

Thanks, Randy