Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

06 Cayenne Brake Problems?

The wifey used her Cayenne this morning for routine shopping and returned home without event. Went to use it again about 2hrs later and the ABS light / Brake Proportioning message were ON. The digital speedo climbe to 90+MPH (indicated only) while parked. Unable to move the move when in reverse.

Restarted but all remains the same....

Any help - Is it the battery taking a dive?

• 5 weeks later...

The wifey used her Cayenne this morning for routine shopping and returned home without event. Went to use it again about 2hrs later and the ABS light / Brake Proportioning message were ON. The digital speedo climbe to 90+MPH (indicated only) while parked. Unable to move the move when in reverse.

Hi,I am just asking if you solved your problem,did baterry helped,I trying to fix a Cayenne V6(US)for my friend,and the car have the same symptoms.

The same thing happened to me,twice in one day(now for three days nothing),there was a warning on cluster- Brake proportioning,ABS light,PSM light on,check engine,Four wheel drive locked,and unable to move from P.Both times the message occured when I turned the key to contact position,before the car starts.

And still could start the car.By turning the ignition off and on again, the message resets.When I connect the car with PST2 the codes never ends.

DME:P0413,1605,1614,1610,1608,1601,1613,0571,1182,0074,0414,1606,0503,0565 and U0129,U0104.

TRANSFER CASE:P0778,1315,1336,1317,1316.

others modul too,It reports that CAN connection between the moduls failed,most of codes are not present,no signal/no communication.There is code for transfer control box which was present,no signal when they occured.The codes can be erased,and they do not show again.Looks like CAN wiring problems.After reset everything is normal,but I know it is not for long.

There are codes which can not be erased-INSTRUMENT CLUSTER:1299 GATEWAY present and ????(forgot)PCM2 present no signal/no com.)I think here is my problem,in car is installed an aftermarket radio-navigation,phone,camera unit from blaupunkt,and is not connected properly,or can't be.No CAN with cluster,I don't know.And GATEWAY I think it's coming from one of door locks,I don't know too.And multifunction steering wheel is working with radio but no display from radio on cluster.Before the car worked fine for two months with us.

So did you connect your car with computer,or did battery helped with your case, I think mine is not the battery,but I have a small voltage with engine off,around 12.

sorry for my english thanks

Hi,I am just asking if you solved your problem,did baterry helped,I trying to fix a Cayenne V6(US)for my friend,and the car have the same symptoms.

The same thing happened to me,twice in one day(now for three days nothing),there was a warning on cluster- Brake proportioning,ABS light,PSM light on,check engine,Four wheel drive locked,and unable to move from P.Both times the message occured when I turned the key to contact position,before the car starts.

And still could start the car.By turning the ignition off and on again, the message resets.When I connect the car with PST2 the codes never ends.

DME:P0413,1605,1614,1610,1608,1601,1613,0571,1182,0074,0414,1606,0503,0565 and U0129,U0104.

TRANSFER CASE:P0778,1315,1336,1317,1316.

others modul too,It reports that CAN connection between the moduls failed,most of codes are not present,no signal/no communication.There is code for transfer control box which was present,no signal when they occured.The codes can be erased,and they do not show again.Looks like CAN wiring problems.After reset everything is normal,but I know it is not for long.

There are codes which can not be erased-INSTRUMENT CLUSTER:1299 GATEWAY present and ????(forgot)PCM2 present no signal/no com.)I think here is my problem,in car is installed an aftermarket radio-navigation,phone,camera unit from blaupunkt,and is not connected properly,or can't be.No CAN with cluster,I don't know.And GATEWAY I think it's coming from one of door locks,I don't know too.And multifunction steering wheel is working with radio but no display from radio on cluster.Before the car worked fine for two months with us.

So did you connect your car with computer,or did battery helped with your case, I think mine is not the battery,but I have a small voltage with engine off,around 12.And no fault code :load managment...

sorry for my english thanks

In all honesty I have not really looked into it since this car is in my summer home in Puerto Rico and have not been there si a few months however, my wife did used it a few times afterward and the fuel indication is erratic but the vehicle is drivable. I know or should say strongly believe its the battery (one underneath the driver seat). The car starts normally since the start battery is in the cargo area. I plan on replacing both as soon as I make it down there or get my wife to get my local SJU mechanic to do it for me on her schedule. She has another car there so it is not on her MOST due things....you understand...

Hope your issue is the same....

In all honesty I have not really looked into it since this car is in my summer home in Puerto Rico and have not been there si a few months however, my wife did used it a few times afterward and the fuel indication is erratic but the vehicle is drivable. I know or should say strongly believe its the battery (one underneath the driver seat). The car starts normally since the start battery is in the cargo area. I plan on replacing both as soon as I make it down there or get my wife to get my local SJU mechanic to do it for me on her schedule. She has another car there so it is not on her MOST due things....you understand...

Hope your issue is the same....

Thanks again,I will post for results,the car is back on the road.

• 3 years later...