Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

2000 911 CEL on with 1126 and 1133!

Hello to all,

I recently got a 2000 911 Carrera coupe, 6 speeds with 54k on it, and enjoying it very much. (it has in immaculate shape both in, out and engine) I had oil changed, 60k maintenance done and also had head seals fixed-(was leaking due to rarely drivind by previous owner) not too long ago. I have put more than 2k since the service done.

I have been having CEL problems since last two weeks, first it was P1126 and P1133, I reset and drove 40 miles came back, than CEL turned on again for MAF sensor problem. From this forum I got to learn to clean MAF and car started to go a lot better(it feels lke 50hp was missing before). Now P1126 and P1133 came back again. Only problem that I can tell is little hesitancy between 2,000 rpm and 3,500rpm.

Before I go to service, I would like to get your wise opinions.

Thank you for all your time in advance.

ps. I have searched this form up and down and only came accross P1126 once was never seen P1133.

OGUNERI

• Admin

:welcome:

P1126 Oxygen Sensing Adaptation, Lower Load Range, Bank 1 – Above Limit

P1133 Oxygen Sensing Adaptation, Lower Load Range, Bank 2 – Above Limit

Possible causes:

– Incorrect signal from MAF sensor

– Intake air system leaking

– Fuel pressure too low

– Volume supply of fuel pump too low

– Fuel injectors fouled

Start with your MAF - your DME thinks there is too much air and has made the mixture as rich as it can.

Many times this can be caused by a bad or dirty MAF.

Covered here many many times...

• Upvote 1

:welcome:

P1126 Oxygen Sensing Adaptation, Lower Load Range, Bank 1 – Above Limit

P1133 Oxygen Sensing Adaptation, Lower Load Range, Bank 2 – Above Limit

Possible causes:

– Incorrect signal from MAF sensor

– Intake air system leaking

– Fuel pressure too low

– Volume supply of fuel pump too low

– Fuel injectors fouled

Start with your MAF - your DME thinks there is too much air and has made the mixture as rich as it can.

Many times this can be caused by a bad or dirty MAF.

Covered here many many times...

Thank you Loren, I actually mentioned that I cleaned MAF and it really made the difference on power(it pulls very hard once it moves from the inital hesitancy around 2000-3500 rpm.

So what would you be your next step if the MAF is cleaned?

thank you again for your quick response.

cheers

A 2000 should have the E-gas. Look at the throttle body for either an electrical connections or a cable connection. As for sourcing a MAF look around a lot, there are lots of sources and a big difference in pricing. You see a lot of them on eBay, often under $200. Make sure you get a Bosch one as the aftermarket ones tend to fail and cause problems. I found a brand new Bosch one, still in sealed box, on eBay about a month ago for $69.95. Guy bought it and it did not fit his car. It was an E-gas 996.606.124.00. The cable MAF is 996.606.123.00.

• Upvote 1