Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Repairing loose GT3 side skirts?

mds

The top edges of the side skirts have come loose on my car. It looks like they were attached by some sort of double sided adhesive tape. Is there a part number for the tape? What is the repair procedure?

• Admin

Yeah, the early GT3 side skirts were epoxied on and the later ones are just double sided tape. Porsche sells a kit with attachment parts for the later side skirts it is: 000 044 801 65. You would need one for each side.

The install procedure (for the later version) is covered in Carrera TSB 5/03 6658 Aerokit "Cup II" Installation Instructions (dated 5-23-03). If you want to see the older epoxy version then look at Carrera TSB 3/00 6315 Installing Cup Aerokit (dated 7-21-00).

It seems odd that those skirts are just held on with "tape." If I bought some boy racer stuff at Autozone I might expect that, but on a $100K car? Is the AMG stuff on the boy racer Mercedes cars stuck on with tape as well???? Luckily mine of still nice and tight thank you...

Ski.....it was not just tape. It was primarily screws/clips that hold it in place. The tape was added as additional support to keep it close to the body. It is no big deal. Takes no time at all to remove the skirt (clips and screws), clean the surface really well, apply the new tape, and replace.

Thanks, guys. I ordered the kit, should be here next week. This afternoon I decided to go ahead and remove one of the skirts and clean off the old adhesive. That took some elbow grease, the adhesive is quite aggressive, even with 3M adhesive remover I spend over an hour on it.