Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Question for the 996 cab guys.

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Would you guys be interested in a one-touch button to put the top up or down?

I know there are some products already out there like this but the least expensive one is around $150.

The only function of this product would be to able to press the Top-Up or Top-Down button once and have the top do it's thing. No operation while moving ( you can do that with the pin 18 mid if you really want to). It would be for the 996 Cab and 986.

So the question is:

Would you buy this, and if so, how much would you like to pay for it?

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The prototype was a success! The poduct will be called Robo-Top!

I will place an order for the production batch tomorrow and I'll hopefully have the product in my hands and ready to sell by next Monday, but that depends on the manufacturer's shipping.

The website will be ready and released to you guys this Saturday.

Tyler

While it's convenient, $150 is quite a high price to pay just to save a few seconds. And I can't do anything else anyway while the top in operation.

The price will be closer to half of that. And it is possible to operate the top while moving. Details will be on my website.

• Upvote 1

I'd be interested if I don't lose the capability of the top operation while moving. Sometimes I want to put the top up/down in slow traffic situations and having a stick shift makes this a bit challenging.

You will not lose that capability.

The boards were ordered this past week. Depending on the manufacture's production schedule and shipping time, it should be around 2 weeks until I will be able to sell.

I will release the website at that time.

I currently have the product operating in my car and I LOVE it.

I'm looking forward to the release of Robo-Top!

Edited by highlow
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

So, what's the latest on these? Needing another winter project... If I wait too long, may have to Fiskerize my exhaust... :drive:

The manufacturer's shipping is taking far longer than I had planned, but they should be en route. I'll keep you guys posted on when they become available, which should be soon, but I won't know until they get here.

Thanks for your continued interest!

So, what's the latest on these? Needing another winter project... If I wait too long, may have to Fiskerize my exhaust... :drive:

The manufacturer's shipping is taking far longer than I had planned, but they should be en route. I'll keep you guys posted on when they become available, which should be soon, but I won't know until they get here.

Thanks for your continued interest!

Can you provide any rough ideas as to installation details & level of difficulty? Thanks hilo!

^^ I do not know of a mod that does what you're asking for.

Boards came in a few days ago. They will be assembled more than likely on Tuesday.

Robo-Top units will be available sometime later this week!

I'll release the website and details then!