Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Autologic Diagnostic and IPAS

Sunnyside

Hi all,

I am thinking of buying an Autologic tier 1 diagnostic/test set.I want the ability to code any modules I may replace and keys , instruments etc etc. They are £8k + tax so not cheep. Has anyone any experience with IPAS codes.

I have spoken to Porsche UK and I know how to get hold of my cars IPAScodes but I know very little about them.

How many codes are there or the car, is it a different code for each control module or just one generic code for my car.

hope some ones knows some think about coding new/replacement modules using IPAS codes.

Thanks

Frank

ps

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year to all

Edited by Sunnyside

The only three you really need are the Learning Code, the Immobiliser Code, and the DME programming code. With those, you can do all the programming you will ever need. I have the IPAS codes for mine, and have programmer new keys, and updated the DME fuel map without any problem.

I saw the Autologic kit a couple of years ago when it first came out, and was very impressed, but it is very expensive.

The only three you really need are the Learning Code, the Immobiliser Code, and the DME programming code. With those, you can do all the programming you will ever need. I have the IPAS codes for mine, and have programmer new keys, and updated the DME fuel map without any problem.

I saw the Autologic kit a couple of years ago when it first came out, and was very impressed, but it is very expensive.

Hi both,

Thanks.

Loren, thats why I have posted , I am thinking of getting the above tester. Its a tier 1 diagnostic and will do everything PIWIS or pST2 will do.Thanks for the chart.Where is it from, and what is it. How would I get tha data thats on it?

Richard, when you say you only need 3 codes , will they allow you to fit replacement modules, for eg ABS/PSM, Alarm, Dash/instruments,Tip,air con etc...

Thanks

Frank

Edited by Sunnyside

• Admin

Hi both,

Thanks.

Loren, thats why I have posted , I am thinking of getting the above tester. Its a tier 1 diagnostic and will do everything PIWIS or pST2 will do.Thanks for the chart.Where is it from, and what is it. How would I get tha data thats on it?

Richard, when you say you only need 3 codes , will they allow you to fit replacement modules, for eg ABS/PSM, Alarm, Dash/instruments,Tip,air con etc...

Thanks

Frank

Yes, I also think the Autologic is a great tester (although as Richard said) expensive.

How does the Autologic change the program in your DME? I would ask them for sure that it can do that.

Hi both,

Thanks.

Loren, thats why I have posted , I am thinking of getting the above tester. Its a tier 1 diagnostic and will do everything PIWIS or pST2 will do.Thanks for the chart.Where is it from, and what is it. How would I get the data thats on it?

Thanks

Frank

Yes, I also think the Autologic is a great tester (although as Richard said) expensive.

How does the Autologic change the program in your DME? I would ask them for sure that it can do that.

Hi Loren, it can do more than just code units, you send of the exact details of the car and they will send you a bespoke tune which you can down load into the DME. It will do everything the porsche one will, and apparently a few more things that porsche didn't recon on untill after the PIWIS was developed.

How do you replace CAN/Bus modules in your car? Do you use the codes and what equipment do you use.

Frank

Edited by Sunnyside

• Admin

Hmm... seems like there would be a copyright issue with Porsche programs. But that would be there issue.

If you take a module out of the MOST bus then you just do a scan of all the modules to reset the master.

I'm not sure what happens on the CAN bus because those are all required as far as I know. You can't remove ABS without an error because there is no "No ABS" option.

At some point you would need to modify the program(s) to support those sorts of things or go with a Cup Car program, or 3rd party custom program.

Hmm... seems like there would be a copyright issue with Porsche programs. But that would be there issue.

If you take a module out of the MOST bus then you just do a scan of all the modules to reset the master.

I'm not sure what happens on the CAN bus because those are all required as far as I know. You can't remove ABS without an error because there is no "No ABS" option.

At some point you would need to modify the program(s) to support those sorts of things or go with a Cup Car program, or 3rd party custom program.

Thanks Loren,

I will try and catch up with you again on this subject after Christmas.

I hope you have a great Holiday and all the bestfor the New year.

What are your plans, going anywhere nice or just enjoy the holiday at home?

Frank.

For a 9x6, those are the only 3 codes you need, and they are required for programming for the DME and alarm/immobiliser control units. You don't need any security codes to change the cluster, abs/psm, tip, aircon, etc.

• 1 month later...

For a 9x6, those are the only 3 codes you need, and they are required for programming for the DME and alarm/immobiliser control units. You don't need any security codes to change the cluster, abs/psm, tip, aircon, etc.

on 9x6 you only need the alarm learn code and if coding a remote you need to long number on the label, autologic will code keys

• 4 months later...

Hi There

We have both the Autologic and the Piwis, I love the Autologic, but yes it is a few more dollars, plus you need the $ 1200 year fee for help and update, the Piwis is great but it only works with cars up to 2004.

The Autologic does not work with any Panamera, we had a customer with a problem on a 2011 Panamera, the A/C did not blow cold air and we think is a programming issue, we tried the Autologic but does't have the data for this Panameras.

I'm selling my Piwis with only the OBD 2 cable. $2500 Canadian $$.

Some dealers can get you the ipas for your car if you buy parts from them (in the us) no luck in Canada

Juan