Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Hi all,

Just a quick question, I am looking for a good polish that will give the car a decent shine and hide some of the surface scratches that appear from daily use.

I don't want to go crazy and hunt down the sacred sweat of a beetle only found in the amazon rainforests, I just want a standard polish that I can pick up locally and it will give me good results. Eg Turtlewax or something like that?

So, what's reasonably priced, reasonable available and perfect for a 997-1 MY06?

Thanks in advance!

Sam

Hi all,

Just a quick question, I am looking for a good polish that will give the car a decent shine and hide some of the surface scratches that appear from daily use.

I don't want to go crazy and hunt down the sacred sweat of a beetle only found in the amazon rainforests, I just want a standard polish that I can pick up locally and it will give me good results. Eg Turtlewax or something like that?

So, what's reasonably priced, reasonable available and perfect for a 997-1 MY06?

Thanks in advance!

Sam

I think the best one you will find is Meguiars Tech Wax 2.0. It is easy to put on and remove, shed's water like crazy, and the shine is amazing. It also has virtually no messy dust or haze. Great stuff! I have a Basalt Black Metallic 997 Turbo, and after I wax it with this stuff, you can see a yard stick deep in the shine. After that, I recommend Meguiars Ultimate Quick Detailer as a quick wipe on and off great shine between waxes. Awesome suff.

Good Luck,

DC

Edited by therock88

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

Sam

Sam,

If you're looking to HIDE scratches then you should seek out a good wax. I use Zymol and have been perfectly happy with it, it's very easy to get that wet look after only a few coats and it fills in surface imperfections well. You can find it at most retailers within a few bucks of every other wax. Therock's suggestion of a quick detailer for wax maintenance is a good one, provided you apply on a clean surface. You should wax your car every six months or sooner for consistent protection.

I recommend you don't choose a polish wax. The same imperfections you're trying to hide can be magnified or added to by the polishing elements. Polish waxes are designed to do two separate things at once, and accomplish neither very well.

Spiderwebs, light scratches and holograms can be addressed with a paint correction, which requires non-wax polishing compounds and special applicator pads, plus a random orbital polisher if you want to get the job done in a reasonable amount of time.

Mark

Wash car with Dawn detergent to remove old wax. Then clay bar your car to remove additional road grime and polution specks. Wash again (I usually wash twice), then use Zano #5, followed by Zano #2 (one or more coats depending on preference). Use gloss enhancer after dusting and between washes. I also use enhancer between each additional coat of wax as well.

f58ad077.jpg

Edited by kbrandsma