Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Name the mystery hose

Cross posting from Rennlist (not getting any responses and I need to place a parts order asap).

What is the hose in the picture marked red? How long would it take to replace with the coolant tank out? If it is a lengthy process, could I splice a new end on without issue?

My coolant tank leaked on me tonight and while surveying the damage, I found the end of the hose split at the connection. I've zip-tied it temporarily, but need an idea of what it is and how long it should take to replace, to know what I'm talking about when negotiating with the dealer.

Thank you,

Joe

post-18553-0-01186300-1312474539_thumb.j

Clipped the zip tie and tried to disconnect line to check what was inside, but it was not cooperating. It seems to have a permanent connection to the elbow and the elbow 'looks' like it is a compression fitting on to the metal line.

Snapped another photo. The rubber portion is clipped to the side of the coolant expansion tank, runs towards the front of the car, then up over the manifold. The metal line. The metal line is clipped to the top of the compartment and runs straight forward to the front of the car, where I lose it at a second clip.

post-18553-0-12777900-1312509434_thumb.j

Those are for the fuel rails. I'm just stumped as to why yours is looped back on itself. Did you do that by mistake or was it like that originally?

I think I remember reading that the return line was modified in later cars (perhaps removed?), and that might explain why it loops back on itself. Not sure about that though, just something in the back of my brain.

In any case the hard line might be 99611031555.

The other one... might be 996 201 355 02.

Let's see if someone might be able to positive ID that thing before you place any orders.

If I am right, those are both very long tubes BTW, it will be a major pain in the a** to replace, especially with engine in car. Perhaps you might be able to do a splice job, but it will be tough if it is fuel since you don't want to be driving a car around with a fuel leak.

Edited by logray

That could be ORVR and your P/N for the other line would be 996 201 361 03

So best guess hard line 99611031555.

Soft line 99620136103.

Might have to submit to the dealer on this one, at least to ID the part (can you see any P/N on the hose or tube?).

Edited by logray

• 2 weeks later...

Dropped the car off at the dealership for a new coolant expansion tank and asked them to ID the line and figure out if it needs to be replaced. Didn't have time for an in-depth discussion when I picked it up, but to summarize...

1) It is a fuel line (I didn't get the part number)

2) The part splitting is a rubber sheath protecting the fuel line

3) The fuel line was borescoped and found to be in perfect condition.

4) The car is safe to drive as-is

I've filled the splits with Seal-All and zip-tied for reinforcement.

Thanks for all the input.