Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

:help: I recently purchased an 05 Cayenne with PCM. It has a SAT button on the top right, but apparently was shipped without a Sirius or XM receiver. The dealership ordered a receiver, but now they don't believe they can install. Does anyone know if the wiring or the hook-ups are there since the receiver has the SAT button?

Thanks

• Admin

Was it ordered with SAT radio? If so...

From a PCNA memo to dealers August 3, 2004

In order for dealerships and customers to activate the XM and Sirius satellite radio systems in MY05 Cayennes, each of these service providers must first have all of the vehicle-specific receiver codes set up in their databases. Due to a delay in the data feed from Germany, these codes are not yet available.

In July, a small number of Cayennes with satellite radios were shipped to dealerships and some were delivered to customers. In order to get these systems operating as quickly as possible, both XM and Sirius have agreed to contact the dealerships and customers directly and walk them through an alternate activation process.

If you have a Cayenne on your lot that needs activation or have a customer that needs immediate activation and has not yet been contacted by the service provider, please call the appropriate number for more information:

XM 800-852-9696

Sirius 888-539-7474

Cayennes with satellite radios that are still at the port will remain there until we begin to receive the codes from Germany. We anticipate that this will be accomplished within the coming week.

No, it did not come with it, but it has the button. We ordered the receiver, but they are not sure if it has the wiring harnesses or ability to hook it up through the PCM.

They are not sure if they can retrofit.

THANK YOU for your help.

Edited by mbnw

Following this closely as I was a month off getting satellite as my '04 was made in May '04. I'd love satellite radio as my company car, a A4 ultrasport came with built in Sirius and now I can't live without it!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, Here we go.

I ordered the XM/Sirius unit ($500) and the wiring harness and antenna ($600) from Porsche. The dealer put me in touch with an outside "expert", who says he can do it. Everything came from Porsche.

Will let you know after Thursday.

Also, he is going to integrate Bluetooth at the same time.

Wish me luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin
Loren, can you please give me the tsb number for the sat radio install?

i have a may 05 and would like the sat!

thank you

I have not seen a Sat Radio TSB yet. Above I was speaking of the PCM2.1 install. :lol: The PCM2 retrofit instructions came out almost a year after the kit did - even the dealers had to guess how to install them.

Well,  Here we go.

I ordered the XM/Sirius unit ($500) and the wiring harness and antenna ($600) from Porsche.  The dealer put me in touch with an outside "expert", who says he can do it.  Everything came from Porsche.

Will let you know after Thursday.

Also, he is going to integrate Bluetooth at the same time.

Wish me luck.

mbnw,

What City/State are you located in?

Thanks,

Andre

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Any update to this thread?

I have an 05 Cayenne S with PCM and would love to install the XM upgrade.

The problem I'm having is that I'm not sure to what extent the car is 'pre-wired'.

I know the XM receiver is 955-645-281-01, and the mounting plate is 955-645-285-00.

Does anyone know if I need additional harness or brackets?

Pointers to info is also welcomed.

Many Thanks,

-Joshua

Any update to this thread?

I have an 05 Cayenne S with PCM and would love to install the XM upgrade.

The problem I'm having is that I'm not sure to what extent the car is 'pre-wired'.

I know the XM receiver is 955-645-281-01, and the mounting plate is 955-645-285-00.

Does anyone know if I need additional harness or brackets?

Pointers to info is also welcomed.

Many Thanks,

-Joshua

There appears to be a TSB for sat radio install. It's very long and very involved. If the car did not come with sat radio, its going to cost several $1,000 to install, if you want it integrated into the PCM unit. The problem is that they need to run the antenna all the way back to the rear spoiler. I was thinking of getting a phone retofit, and the $2,000 of discounted labor was enough to talk me out of it. You could always do the install yourself,