Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

CDR24 CD stuck in drive, blown door speakers, replacement speakers

I did a search on this topic, but did not find this specific issue.

I just put a CD in my wife's 2005 Boxster CDR24 to test the speakers (the large door speakers seem to be blown). The CD went into the machine but did not play. Pressing eject does nothing. Pressing the CD button gives a message that there is no CD in the drive. Of course a 2nd CD will not go in more than about 2 inches. Help, how do I get this thing out?

In the mean time, both large door speakers do seem to be blown, but I am skeptical that both speakers would blow at the same time. What are the chances that something is wrong with the amplifier that is causing the two large speakers to sound like they are blown when low frequency sounds are played? I would hate to replace the two speakers only to find out that it is a problem with the amp.

Has anyone replaced these door speakers with after market speakers?

Thanks.

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

About the blown speaker question, I just replaced mine on my 05. The foam trim on the outside edge of the paper cones was shot. I suspect the Florida heat makes this worse. I ordered speakers at approx $200 and installed myself. I looked for aftermarket speakers but could not find any to fit, so went with OEM. Great sound now. Need trim tools and patience to remove door panels. There are good diy posts on Porsche forums out there.

On the stuck cd I had that problem too. But after enough tries turning the power off and pushing the eject button the cd would come out. I worked around this with a Dension iPod kit. Best investment so far.

Good luck.