Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Cayenne S 2008 with PCM2.1 DVD - which BT adapter for iPhone

Hi,

I do really miss handsfree feature that I had in my BMW. My Cayenne has necessary buttons (even SIM card tray), but when I press telephone related buttons, I just get info that the module is not installed. So, need info:

1. Which 3rd party bluetooth module should I choose - I need bluetooth connection with my iPhone with ability to choose from device contact list. Quality of calls is very important. I use to talk over the phone for a long time and need to feel comfortable.

2. Will I be able to control it using standard phone controls from PCM 2.1?

3. I have "non phone" buttons on the wheel. Is it possible to change them?

Greetings

Kal

As Mudman said:

Mobridge

Yes

No

I have the Mobridge in my Cayenne and I'm very happy with it. Not as good as the Nav/Bluetooth in my Audi (Audi syncs up everthing, Phonebook, missed & dialed calls, received calls). Mobridge only syncs up Phonebook and only logs missed, dialed & received calls made while your using it, not ones you've made on your phone away from the vehicle. Sound quality is quite good. I mounted my microphone (has a long cord) next to the overhead sunroof panel. Most mount the Mobridge under the glove box but I chose to mount it in the right rear compartment next to the CD player I had to remove anyways to plug the Mobridge in.

1. Or Denison GW500+BTA1500. Phone is excellent. Also gives you streaming audio from an iPod or USB stick, and an auxiliary audio input, plus texting (which I don't think you actually want to use.) Voice dialing won't work with a Droid phone (it's a Droid problem, not an interface problem - the Droid OS doesn't work correctly), it does work with an iPhone. Phonebook is downloaded, and log of calls is kept for as long as the phone is connected via BT. Price around $510. Installation not a huge deal. Some tricks in adjusting the phone volume (in and out) that isn't in the manual but can be found on the Dension website.

2. Yes

3. No

BTW - since you're in Europe and the Dension is made in Hungary, the price may (or may not) be less..

Edited by deilenberger

1) I have the VisseO MOSTO in mine, and it works great. It is basically the same as a Nav-TV Tooki, but a slightly smaller package. I bought it on eBay (used) and they tend to sell for less than the Tooki, as they are less well known. I paid 80GBP, so something of a bargain. Mine works fine with my iPhone4 and syncs phonebook, etc. You can get it to stream music via Bluetooth, but I haven't got it set up for that.

2) Yes

3) Which steering wheel have you got? I have the multifunction wheel, which has phone buttons that will control the VisseO. It you have the buttons, perhaps they can be coded with a PIWIS. It is just that I'm not sure what you mean by "non phone" buttons.

• 1 year later...

RacerX5, 2006 is PCM2.1 and should be Level B software. You can probably upgrade your software to a newer version but you should be able to use the Mobridge or Dension as you should have the two phone buttons in the top left corner of your unit.

RacerX5, 2006 is PCM2.1 and should be Level B software. You can probably upgrade your software to a newer version but you should be able to use the Mobridge or Dension as you should have the two phone buttons in the top left corner of your unit.

I have the multi-function steering wheel with the phone buttons as well.