Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Converting to aftermarket Navigation

I am going to start to replace a CDR23 in my 2004 Cayenne S. It has Bose and i am keeping all of that. I have read some threads that said people were doing it, but no specifics have been conveyed. Any suggestions for the backup camera, and where to mount it? I will add to this post as my items come in. Almost everything is here, waiting on the Camera and Loi to solder the harness with the NAV TV. I will post pictures and a list of parts and prices when I get it everything. Then we begin the disassembly.

Parts List By number:

Kenwood eXcelon DNX9980HD

Kenwood CA-SR20V Sirius Connect Adaptor

Sirius SCC1 Universal Vehicle Tuner

Connects CT23PO01 installation kit, just used the trim peices.

Boyo VTL 425 Ultra slim CCD camera

Nav-TV Most HUR (955) Kit

Brackets from Euro Motorspeed for mounting Nav Unit

First off I sent my cables from the DNX9980 to Euro Motorspeed, where I got my Nav-TV unit. Loi soldered all the correct wire together to go to my harnesses instead of splicing. This is all direct plug and play.

Dissassembly is key, if you do not it will take forever to run the wires. And always unhook your battery while working on electrical.

Step One remove the trim around the stereo, I used a plastic bicycle tire iron and pulled up where the temp switches are on the black trim. It popped up and I just carefully kept going around. Save this.

Step Two I removed the four torx screws and then pull the radio and tray out, I only had a single din radio.

Step Three pull the plugs out of the old radio and put it away until you sell the car...good riddens!!

Step Four Remove trim above glove box, again i used the plastic tire iron, just start on the door side and pull

IMG_2196.jpg

Step Five remove the 3 torx screws that hold the glove box upper.

IMG_2197.jpg

Step Six Remove the one torx screw that hold the black pan under the glove box. It is in the middle, by the bottom of the glove box

IMG_2198.jpg

Step Seven Remove the 2 torx screws from the bottom, before you do this get a shoe box to put on the floor to hold the glove box, or disconnect the plugs and hose for air Con.

You now have room to put the Most Hur unit, and the Sirius module.

Step Eight I pulled the cables through the back of the stereo space to the right side behind where the glovebox is, this will give you lots of room to work in.

IMG_2189.jpg

Step Nine, connect your harness for the Most Hur module, you will also connect the orange optic cable to the Most Hur unit. Make sure not to kink this cable.

IMG_2179.jpg

Step Ten Plug the two plugs left that were for the factory radio into the new harness, one is power, the other will run your steering Wheel controls

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2183.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

Step Eleven Plug the new harness, Mic, radio antenna adaptor, Sirius adaptor, Nav antenna, and any other accessories you bought. I did not install the Camera yet, so if there are questions I will take more pics when I take it apart again. This unit came with two USB unputs, I ran the iPhone cable from one to my center console. This is all explained in the wire diagram in the stereo instructions.

IMG_2184.jpg

Step Twelve You need to run the red wire to the ACC which is number 41 on the fuse box on the left. it is a 15 amp fuse. It needs to be inserted with the wire up and replace the 7.5 amp fuse with the 15 you took out of the box. This replaces the 7.5 amp closest to the blades. Again to remove the fuse box cover, I used the old Plastic tire iron.

IMG_2172.jpg

IMG_2171.jpg

Step Thirteen Screw on the brackets from Euro Motorspeed They make it so you can use the stock mounting spots.....Amazing!!!! No cutting your fingers on the stupid sheet metal ones that came in the kit.

IMG_2186.jpg

Step Fourteen Connect Battery and Test, turn on ignition, unit should start

IMG_2193.jpg

Step Fifteen This is a hard one, you need to pull extra wires out of the back and push the Stereo in, it is a pain!!! So many wires. Just make sure the two connections you made in Step Ten are up and out of the way. And push carefully, should be flush.

IMG_2191.jpg

Step Sixteen insert trim that came with the kit, first the small one around the radio, then the larger one for the double DIN opening insert four screws that held in the old radio and you are mounted!!.

Step Seventeen Snap in the original trip piece with the buttons on the top. And reassemble all the stuff you took apart in the first steps. All the boxes and wires under the glove box are hidden by the black plastic cover underneath the glove box.

IMG_2195.jpg

Step Seventeen Set up the radio, sync your bluetooth on your phone, Dial up Sirius to connect service, Plug in your phone to run Pandora, Put in a destination far away and take a drive!!!!!

More installments about Camera running, Microphone mounting in overhead control area, Running antennas, and anything else you ask.

Edited by Black mini
  • Upvote 1

Ok I have ordered a Kenwood DNX9980HD unit, BOYO Camera VTL425, Connects2 CT23PO01, Kenwood CA-SR20V and Sirius SC-C1.

The rest I am getting from Loi at Euro Motorspeed. I just need to send them my cable when I get the Nav unit.

Thank you to Euro Motorspeed for the help on what to order.

Edited by Black mini

Black mini, great photos!

How does the MOST-HUR handle the turn-off delay and door open? Does your navi unit stay on after you turn off the engine, then turn off after 60 seconds or so? When you open the car door, does the navi unit and the interior lights go on at the same time?

• 8 months later...

A couple things to add here, my rear camera has never worked, and I just ordered the cable for the IPod, you cannot just use the regular cable, you have to have audio out, and video out, or all you will get is a display if what is playing, but no sound. I also bypassed the parking brake switch.....I do not recommend this. But if you want video play back while no parking brake is on, run the light green wire that is going to the MOST HUR unit, and run it to ground instead. Next up the back up camera.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

Have any of you experienced the problem that the Cayenne Radio antenna doesn't seem to work? i understand that it has a pre-amp that needs to be powered when we use an aftermarket radio.

I have a 2009 Cayenne and have everything working without the Hur 955.

BTW -- If anyone wants a BRAND NEW MOST HUR 955 at a great deal, contact me here...

I am looking for help getting my AM/FM factory antenna to work with my Pioneer AVIC head unit. I have the adapter but it doesn't seem to work at all. I am pretty sure that I need to power it up through the old radio connector.

Greg

Have any of you experienced the problem that the Cayenne Radio antenna doesn't seem to work? i understand that it has a pre-amp that needs to be powered when we use an aftermarket radio.

I have a 2009 Cayenne and have everything working without the Hur 955.

BTW -- If anyone wants a BRAND NEW MOST HUR 955 at a great deal, contact me here...

I am looking for help getting my AM/FM factory antenna to work with my Pioneer AVIC head unit. I have the adapter but it doesn't seem to work at all. I am pretty sure that I need to power it up through the old radio connector.

Greg

hello greg,

am wondering how much this is.. my speakers stopped working on a 2004 cayenne s and the dealer says the amp is gone.. contemplating going after market

• 2 months later...

Any more updates on this? I've got the factory nav on a 08 CS but am wanting to add bluetooth and satellite radio so this may be an option. Which device works best for our double din?