Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Summary of PCM2.1 Updates

Summary of PCM2.1 Updates

This is a summary of the updates available for PCM2.1 systems fitted to MY2005 and MY2006 9x7 vehicles, which are required to run the latest maps (currently 08.2009 – MY2010). First, determine the current (Actual) software versions for the PCM and Amplifier. Press MAIN + TRIP together Scroll down to PCM and select Make a note of PCM Actual Version Go back & scroll down & select Amplifier Make a note of Amplifier Actual Version. If your car does not have an amplifier, the option wi

• 3 months later...
  • Admin

Does any one have .DMG or ISO CD image files for these updates ??

This site does NOT advocate making illegal copies of copyrighted materials. Please do NOT ask others to do so here.

Please re-read the board Guidelines/Rules "Copyrighted material:

By registering here you agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board. Repeat offenders will be banned from this site and their accounts as well as the offending material will be deleted."

• 3 weeks later...

ok I got some info from the unit...

SW version is 1.0

• Unit PCM Target 04202JD1/3004 and
  • system software target 04113AD1/1104

I do not have a NAV head or Telephone module. What would i get if i moved to the new software version any benefit for me??

• 8 months later...

Thanks for the comprehensive list Richard - when you say in your note 'different discs are required for Cayenne models' am I correct in assuming that means different dealer part numbers? (I have a 2005 S, with PCM2.1 (I assume, as it has the nav DVD under the drivers seat). My 'Main+Trip' gives me SW versions 1.0 at the top of the PCM screen, with Target & Actual both displayed as 04202FD1 / 2704, so by your reckoning, I need Level B & Level C (no phone fitted - I get a list comprising system software, pcm, amp, nav & cd changer (which has a warning triangle by it - any thoughts?)Thanks for any feedback you may be able to give

Excellent, thanks for the prompt response too - I'm new to Porsche as a marque (this is my first, and I've owned it almost 2 weeks) I've had 6 different Range Rovers over recent years, but this German beastie seems to be doing a very good job of breaking my addiction... :D

• 1 year later...

I realize there are quite a few different combinations to consider, here, but I'd like to ask anyway, since the nav system is pretty useless as-is. (I don;t know why I'm bothering since I have a Garmin or two anyway and data entry in the PCM system is a ridiculous pain, but it's there and if it can be made more useful I'd like to at least consider the updates.)

My situation is a 2006 Cayenne with Nav, SW 3.3, PCM level B (5024), amp level 16457.

My questions, to which I have not found definitive answers on any sites, are: 1) Can I safely use the C update disc which goes in the Nav DVD drive without frying my amp? 2) what benefits would I see going from B to C? 3) Since my nav DVD is the original 2005 version, would this be a good time to update to the "2013" disc or when might we expect to see the next update (if ever)? and 4) I think I understand that I can update the maps to 2013 without updating from B to C software, should it prove to be dangerous for my amp to go from B to C, correct?

Many many thanks to the contributors!

Edited by dpolson

The amp won't be a problem. It was only the early 987 and 997 amps which had the issue, and it was the Level A update which fried them. Level C doesn't update the amp, only the navigation drive firmware.

There is no point (or need) to update to Level C if you aren't going to update the map disk. You wouldn't see any difference, and it may render your 2005 map unuseable. The only thing you will get with the MY2013 map disk is new roads - no new features - but you will have to update to Level C for it to work.

In Europe, they seem to be updating the map data every two years, so I would hope we get a new map towards the end of this year (for MY2015).

• 5 months later...