Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

996 TT X50 with a GT2 MkII software ?

Mendrax

Hi,

I own a 2003 X50.

Some say that the 2005 turbo S has the same power output as the mkII gt2 483bhp (but they still don't have the same clutch and transmission right ?).

Since the engine of the 2003 x50 shoud be the same as the turbo S, is it possible the flash the ecu with the Gt2 file to get those 33 missing bhp ?

Thank you.

There are several flashes available which would be better than the GT2 map and get you significantly more power.

Agreed! If you are going to flash it, go for some real HP! There are a number of them available. I have Softronic 93 Octane tune for my 997 TT and love it!

Good luck....

DC

• 3 weeks later...

+1 I have Softronic on a 2004 X50, claims 520HP, certainly feels like t. More importantly (maybe), the throttle is more responsive earlier in the curve, and less like an on/off switch. I absolutely love it. Enjoy.

Lots of companies out there for flashes. If I were to flash mine I would go with Kevin at UMW or Markski at 911 Tuning (Protomotive tune). My car came with a GIAC tune through Champion Motorsports. They updated it for me at no charge and I am pretty happy with it. I'm very happy with their customer service!

Kevin at UMW is a fountain of knowledge and will go through a litany of options for you to choose from. Just have some time to talk with him ... Like I said, lots of knowledge.

OP-

I see you are in Switzerland, yes?

The advice I always give people is this: WHO will be doing your work? your maintenance/upgrades? Your TROUBLESHOOTING? You will want to choose a tune that THEY are comfortable with...

Or chose a tune where the tune company is willing to talk with your shop and answer their questions.

I used UMW.... but Marek, todd would all be fine I suspect. I am actually not too familiar with EU-based offerings...

A

PS The GT2 exhaust is slightly different- so some of that power may be due to sightly reduced backpressure. DO consider a new exhaust, power AND better sound. Europipe is made in belgium, one of the best.