Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Window problem

I know that there are a lot of threads about this problem but i would like some advice about my problem because I don't want to spend money for nothing so here is the problem:

- until a few days ago the window was working fine if i was opening the door from inside, the window was going down the light was turning on and the window was staying down until i was closing the door BUT from outside when i was opening the door the window was going down the light in the car was turning on but when i was releasing the door handle the window was going up and the light in the car was turning off.

- now the it doesn't matter from where i am opening the door the problem persist, the window is going down normally but when i am releasing the door handle (inside the car or outside the car) the window is going up and the lights in the car turning off.

I hope you understand what I wanted to explain smile.gif

There is a micro switch integral to the door latch assembly that tells the window control module if the door is open or closed, it sounds to me like that switch has failed and you'll need to replace the latch.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Alex,

Any update for the problem? , I have same .

The door has 2 micro SW, :1 on the outside handle, 1 on the inside handle.and on the latch assembly , it has actuator / motor to lock/unlock /switch .

I would like to know what were you done.

Thank you

I had this problem on my 02 boxster. had to replace the driver side door latch mechanism. There are 2 switches that trigger the window to go down about 1/4 inch when you open the door. one on the inside door handle, and one on the outside. if you pull the handle a bit, and the window goes down, then they are working fine.

Inside the door latch mechanism there are several other switches. One senses the condition of the door latch, letting the computer know if the door is open or closed. What you are describing is a failure of the door latch switch, which unfortunately, is not servicable. I bought the replacement part from the link on this site, Maybe sunset porsche, for 128 bucks. Spent less than 2 hrs one saturday installing, pretty easy.

pellican parts had a nice write up on the inner door panel removal and latch mechanism replacement too.

• 4 weeks later...

I had the same problem occur to me this morning - when opening the door the window goes down and immediately comes up; so when i shut the door the window is outside the convertible top. 2 questions:

1. If I don't fix it now, will there be any detrimental issues in the long run? I can deal with the hassle by lowering the window when closing the door and then when the door is shut, i can roll the window up.

2. What is the URL for pellican parts?

Thanks in advance.