Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

10" Wheels and Spacers

I just bought a set of rear wheels size 10J x 18H2; RO 47 for my MY2000 Boxster base. And I have a few questions:

1, Does anyone have experience running this size of wheel on a Boxster, are there any handling issues?

2. I'm currently using 9J x 18H2; RO 52 size wheels. What size of spacers should I use?

Thanks.

WOW, my first question to Renntech that did not recieve a single response.... What gives...?

Loren, Maurice and other "pro's," shall I take the silence as an endorsement to NOT use spacers....? I'd like some advice so I can figure out what to do with these wheels...

• Admin

If you look at the TSB (Boxster Summer Wheels and Tires) the SportTecho wheels are the same offset and require no spacers. So you should be fine for offset.

Watch what tires you use in the rear though - I seem to recall some brands may rub a bit. So either check with the recommended N brands or try them first.

i just bought some Victor Innsbruck wheels. **** things rubbed in the back on both sides. 10" on the back. They rub the housing of the strut. I am waiting for some spacers to arrive this week. We will see if they are enough at 5mm. I am trying to be very conservative on the width as two different mechanics were negative about spacers and the tire shop won't put them on.

as two different mechanics were negative about spacers and the tire shop won't put them on.

Show them the part numbers for the spacers and bolts from multiple Porsche's that shipped from the factory with them...

Picture is a little big, but I wanted you to be able to print it off and SHOW them, the Boxster's actually shipped with an available spacer and longer lug bolts.. You can see there were multiple options. A 17mm spacer and a 5mm spacer.

post-2685-0-20230500-1340906093_thumb.jp

Edited by Brad Roberts

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hey guys, so Im looking at some aftermarket wheels, my car is a 2001 base, the wheels are 19x8 front & 19x10 rear, with a 50 mm offset front and rear. am I good to go? will they stay inside the fenders? Thanks..

Edited by yuyokatana

• 2 weeks later...

I just got 18" x 8.5" and 10" wheels mounted with Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 tires - 255 front and 285 rear. The wheels are after-market from USA Rim in San Diego. I used a 7 mm spacer in front and 14 in the rear. I don't remember the wheel offsets. I can look later this week. The car is at my friends' shop where I'm performing an engine transplant. So ... I haven't driven the wider wheels and tires yet. I did check the clearance and have plenty of room between tire and strut. The rear tire is near the edge of the body. I will see if it clears the body once I get the new engine in and can compress the strut. I may need a narrower spacer in the rear.[/sub] I got the spacers from a guy in Reno who makes them. Nice guy, quick service, great price for clean hub-centric spacers and longer German bolts.

• 4 months later...