Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Christmas has come early

Swede-Man,

Have you looked at the plastic mounting tabs on the tail light housing to see if the plastic is any heavier. 3 of my 4 tabs are either cracked or broken. I've been trying to figure out how to re-enforce the tabs, but the plastic mounting tabs are pretty intricate to replicate in aluminum. Tell us how the Dectane housing fit the car...

Are the Michelins stock sizes front and rear?

Creekman,

I can't really see anything wrong with the plastic mounting tabs on the Dectane's.

They look excactly the same as the original tail lights, I have just fitted them which was very easy and took about 5 minutes.

Absolutely plug and play and they fitted perfect!

The Michelins are 225/40/18 (stock) and 295/30/18 (not stock but I like the wider stance) :)

Received my Dectane taillights today together with a set of new Michelins PS2 N3.

The taillights look really good and could go for OEM if they had not "made in Taiwan" stamped at the inside.

Will post some pics when fitted on the car.post-43071-0-36477000-1355128133_thumb.jpost-43071-0-37127800-1355128173_thumb.j

Your ones are made in Taiwan? I am surprised. I have Dectane lights as well that I ordered from Orange Tuning. They were shipped from Germany and say "Made in Germany" on them.

Yes Zee,

I ordered my lights from Dectane in Germany for Eur.340.00 and on the inside it says "made in Taiwan by Depot"

They fit and look fantastic and I am very happy with the new look.

I haven't fitted my new Michelins yet because I have decided to get a new set of "Victor Innsbruck wheels" and I will keep the original wheels as a spare set with perhaps some winter tyres.

I am just not sure whether I should go for the black or the silver wheels? the colour of my car is Pine-green.

I would apreciate your guys opinion on these,thanks

post-43071-0-57471100-1355389742_thumb.j

swede-man. What year is your car? The color looks very similar to my MY2000 which is Rain Forest Green Metalic. I think silver wheels would look best, but then again, I'm not a fan of black wheels on most cars. I wonder how the red/smoked tails would look with the green?

Edited by wyovino

Wyovino,my car is MY1999 and the colour is called "Tannengruen-metalic" 22E 9 3.

It's an unusual colour but I really like it and it looks stunning in bright light.

I have seen the "smokey coloured" tail lights on a black 996 but didn't like them at all,it looked more like a dark tinted spraycan job.

The red crystal coloured ones that I have look fresher imo.

I have now decided to go with silver wheels.

• 3 months later...