Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Sport Pack Option M014 1998 C2

Hi

Picked up my 1998 C2 last week, and have looked through all of the options.

So what does 014 exactly mean then, because 030, 375, 376 which are listed on the sticker detail suspension, and seats.

Any ideas........ :help:

Thanks

Mark

I checked out the option decoder on rennlist.com and 014 is not there.

I have a few option codes that I can't sort out either, 222 and 234 on my '99 996 coupe tip. If you find a decoder that shows up 014, let me know, maybe mine will be there too.

Where there's life, there's hope...

• Admin

I have a few option codes that I can't sort out either, 222 and 234 on my '99 996 coupe tip.  If you find a decoder that shows up 014, let me know, maybe mine will be there too.

222 - Traction Control (TC) which was always sold with 224 - Automatic Limited Slip Differential (LSD) in MY99. No list I have shows a 234 - I'll bet your 234 is really 224 if you look closely. My list comes from the Porsche Worldwide Parts Listings.

I have a few option codes that I can't sort out either, 222 and 234 on my '99 996 coupe tip.  If you find a decoder that shows up 014, let me know, maybe mine will be there too.

222 - Traction Control (TC) which was always sold with 224 - Automatic Limited Slip Differential (LSD) in MY99. No list I have shows a 234 - I'll bet your 234 is really 224 if you look closely. My list comes from the Porsche Worldwide Parts Listings.

Option 014 is the Sports Pack for 996, but I am trying to find out what the Sports Pack means........ any extra bits ?

Option 014 is the Sports Pack for 996, but I am trying to find out what the Sports Pack means........ any extra bits ?

I've seen option code M014 listed in the MSP-Pages of PET for both US/Canadian & ROW 996 models. Unfortunately, I've never seen a more detailed description of what "Sports Package 996" really means. My guess is that this code represents a grouping of popular performance upgrades at the factory...I'm not sure which ones.

You could return to your local Porsche dealership (sales dept.) & see if they know. Or, you could try to get your hands on a copy of the order guide for this model year to see if there's any reference. Although, it may be pretty hard to get this information as it's more than a few years old.

Best.