Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

907 load management error

I have been getting this error on durametric labled 907 under electrical. I have no CEL.

"Load management operat. on vehicle electrical sys./DME control module - No additional fault status available, test conditions are not-completed, fault is currently active and is not causing a DTC light"

I have read it can be related to a bad battery. I reset it and it keeps coming back The battery in the car is an aftermarket one that I do not think is more than 2 years old. I did test it with a battery tester and it is reading as becoming weak. What kind of car symptoms could I expect. Could a bad battery also cause issues with drivability such as misfires etc.

• Admin

Fault 907 Load management operation on vehicle electrical system/DME control module

Possible causes of fault:- 'no display' Loads are/were switched off temporarily. The load management operation was enabled because of undervoltage.

Check and/or replace the battery - verify the charging system is working.

• 2 weeks later...

The part numbers are 955.618.027.00 for 2003-2004 models, and 955.618.027.01 for 2005-2006 models. The 2003-2004 version seem to be more common to have problems. In your case I don't think that you have a VES problem. Usually you get strange things happening, like certain lights or electronics not working. One common way to get the fault code you have is to have the vehicle on and not running, then use a diagnostic tool without a battery charger connected for more then about 10 minutes. The electronic loads of the control module reduces the battery power triggering this fault code. Normally if you were not using diagnostic tool the VES module will start to shut down the modules to reduce power consumption. But the diagnostic tool will keep the network awake and prevent the modules from shutting down. The 2003-2004 Cayennes use a K-Line communication to the Instrument cluster, then the instrument cluster converts the communication to a CAN-Bus message. The passing of these CAN messages keeps the vehicle in awake mode preventing the shut down. In the 2005+ Cayennes they are similar and use many of the same modules but the CAN bus is used directly and can have the same effects.