Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

• Admin

:welcome:

Did you see the VIN Decoder here ?

BTW.. that car is just a standard Carrera Coupe - no X51 engine package (which still only brought it up top 340 HP). So this car has 320 HP - period.

I am always skeptical of sellers that start with lies that can easily be shown to be lies.

I'm sure there are many here with more expertise than me but no, as far as I know, there was never a normally aspirated, 2WD, '2004 Carrera S'.

My guess is that if it really has 345 factory horsepower, it is a standard Carrera 2 with the X51 option and an owner-added "S" badge.

My 2004 Carrera VIN is:

WP0AA299X4S62xxxx

WP0AA29944S620441

is yours.

Identical except for the last four numbers (production sequence) and the 9th digit (X vs. 4) which is just a checksum to check for errors in the VIN.

Look for the X51 option on the hood decal and/or the two intake air cleaner to figure out if it has the X51 option. It would not be encoded in the VIN.

Edited by pfbz

Let us know if it has the X51 option... It was a pretty expensive (~$15K?) and somewhat rare factory option, but did tweak the engine nicely.

X51 engines had, IIRC, slightly higher compression, tweaked camshaft profiles, smoother plenum, dual-port air intake, and some improvements to the oiling system.

Edited by pfbz

• Admin

Let us know if it has the X51 option... It was a pretty expensive (~$15K?) and somewhat rare factory option, but did tweak the engine nicely.

X51 engines had, IIRC, slightly higher compression, tweaked camshaft profiles, smoother plenum, dual-port air intake, and some improvements to the oiling system.

I looked it up - it does not have the X51 option unless someone added afterwards. But that would be even more expensive...

Let us know if it has the X51 option... It was a pretty expensive (~$15K?) and somewhat rare factory option, but did tweak the engine nicely. X51 engines had, IIRC, slightly higher compression, tweaked camshaft profiles, smoother plenum, dual-port air intake, and some improvements to the oiling system.
I wonder if the X51 option affects the IMS b/c of the increased hp? Probably not.