Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

I recently purchase a 2012 Carrera GTS with the center locking wheels. The very expensive removal socket was not in the front trunk floor tool kit. When I asked about the socket, I was told to check the front trunk floor tool kit. After I told them I checked, I stopped by and the salesman unsuccessfully checked the same area. He later called me and told me that some "manager" told him to tell me the cars did not come with the socket and it had to be ordered separately; and, that I could purchase it as "cost."

Am I wrong about this?

By the way, the entire set of factory manuals and documents could not be found and are on order at their expense.

• Admin

:welcome:

Yes, if the car came with factory options I442 and I011 then the tool kit in the front truck should include the center lock socket and extension. Check the car's factory options.

If the option was added later then they may or may not have ordered the tools too. But silly not to - what if you have a flat tire?

Of course it is not dealer's fault if the previous owner lost them - but if they sold you the car (and maybe a CPO) then the dealer IS at fault (IMHO).

• Moderators

They are stiffing you on a very expensive part, the cars do come with the socket (the missing owner's manual would show you where it is stored in the front trunk), but little else:

437861d1272423052-centerlock-wheel-removal-tool-must-see-for-the-diy-guys-tool1.jpg

Another handy device is this aftermarket wheel aligment tool to help you get the wheel back on the car:

437866d1272423066-centerlock-wheel-removal-tool-must-see-for-the-diy-guys-tool5.jpg437863d1272423052-centerlock-wheel-removal-tool-must-see-for-the-diy-guys-tool2.jpg

Thanks. The car was/is new and I must be blind not to notice the panel in that small space? Middle-age and progressive bifocals I guess. Anyway, I'll search more agressively in an hour or so. Ironically, they didn't know where it was/is, told me is was optional equipment, and then casually offered to sell me one?

My first "new" Porsche and the dealership in-experience is not different than my Pontiac GTO in-experience. I had an 07 Cayman and the GM dealership didn't know their car was Australian?

• Moderators

Thanks. The car was/is new and I must be blind not to notice the panel in that small space? Middle-age and progressive bifocals I guess. Anyway, I'll search more agressively in an hour or so. Ironically, they didn't know where it was/is, told me is was optional equipment, and then casually offered to sell me one?

My first "new" Porsche and the dealership in-experience is not different than my Pontiac GTO in-experience. I had an 07 Cayman and the GM dealership didn't know their car was Australian?

Go here: http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=144330&d=1298219279 it will show you where it hides (helps to rotate the PDF file clockwise after opening)..................

You can also find the same info on page 198 of the GT3 owner's manual PDF in the "Documents" tab at the top of this page.

I FOUND IT! I'm amazed that I didn't see that panel every time I opened the hood. I want to say that the colors match perfectly, the panel alignment is perfect, and I didn't get the manual; but, they would all be lame excuses. I just didn't see it!Again, they didn't know where it was either?Thanks.