Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Leistung Secondary Cat Bypass Pipes & SR1 Modified Exhaust - Vid/S

This was installed on an 05CTT.

Over the last couple days I was busy putting in the Leistung secondary cat bypass pipes, as well as the SR1 exhaust. The SR1 exhaust has been modified per my input by Rob, so if you are ordering the typical stock design, it will not sound just like this one does. I made some pics of this exhaust in another thread, showing dimensions, and if you are interested, I can give you more details so that you can communicate with Rob about exactly what you want.
This thread will have the different videos that I wanted to shoot to make a good side by side comparison of the resulting sound modification.
I will be uploading these as I happen to make them, so if you are interested, check back and look at the initial post, I will be editing to add other videos as I go. I started with near stock 05 CTT, only having KN Filters installed. Comparisons were made against that setup.
I will have:
KN filter / KN+2nd cat / KN+2nd CAT+SR1 - IDLING - INSIDE sound
KN filter / KN+2nd cat / KN+2nd CAT+SR1 - IDLING - OUTSIDE sound
KN filter / KN+2nd cat / KN+2nd CAT+SR1 - NORMAL DRIVING - INSIDE sound
KN filter / KN+2nd cat / KN+2nd CAT+SR1 - NORMAL DRIVING - OUTSIDE sound
KN filter / KN+2nd cat / KN+2nd CAT+SR1 - HARD ACCELERATION - INSIDE sound
KN filter / KN+2nd cat / KN+2nd CAT+SR1 - HARD ACCELERATION - OUTSIDE sound
Hope that if you are considering the Leistung products, this will help you make up your mind. IMO, I am sooo glad I did this.
Here we go - Here are the Vids:
1. KN filter / KN+2nd cat / KN+2nd CAT+SR1 - IDLING - INSIDE SOUNDS -
2. KN filter / KN+2nd cat / KN+2nd CAT+SR1 - IDLING - OUTSIDE SOUNDS -
3. KN filter / KN+2nd cat / KN+2nd CAT+SR1 - NORMAL DRIVING - INSIDE SOUNDS -
4. KN filter / KN+2nd cat / KN+2nd CAT+SR1 - NORMAL DRIVING - OUTSIDE SOUNDS -

5. KN filter / KN+2nd cat / KN+2nd CAT+SR1 - HARD ACCELERATION - INSIDE SOUNDS -

6. KN filter / KN+2nd cat / KN+2nd CAT+SR1 - HARD ACCELERATION - OUTSIDE SOUNDS -

DONE.

Edited by ciaka

done all the vids now. Hope it provides a decent comparison to those looking into the parts as possibilities for upgrades.

Let me know what you think, if this customized SR1 exhaust was worth it in your view.

Edited by ciaka

• 3 years later...

Would you make this mod again ? wife's worried about it being too loud -- I want more POWER ..... Sound be damned.. :-)

anyway -- is it just a sound change or did you notice a power upgrade also -- I already have the other bolt on goodies from these people. Rob's a great guy -- not sure he's still there however.

any opinions or help is appreciated.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2016 at 9:57 PM, heliace said:

Would you make this mod again ? wife's worried about it being too loud -- I want more POWER ..... Sound be damned.. :-)

anyway -- is it just a sound change or did you notice a power upgrade also -- I already have the other bolt on goodies from these people. Rob's a great guy -- not sure he's still there however.

any opinions or help is appreciated.

Rob sold out after apparently having some trouble filling orders. All his designs and more now are being produced by Hanksville Hot Rods. Hank is a great guy to deal with and they make a great product. I've got the bypass pipes and one of these days am going to upgrade to a full 3" exhaust from the turbo back. I think he's also selling a cold air intake set up now too. I did secondary bypass pipes and a magnaflow exhaust from there back. It opened it up some but it doesn't sound anywhere as good as ciaka's set up.

Edited by John White