Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

Motor mounts and transmission mounts

Can I get a concensous on Motor mounts and transmission mounts.

My car is going on 63k miles is my DD for most part and sits on X74 suspension. I am looking at doing motor mounts in next few months what would you guys suggest?

1. GT3RS

2. WEVO semi solid

3. OEM

What about trannsmission mount? I have heard Porsche now specs a newer 997 mount? worth it? How big of a job is that?

Edited by MiamiC70

I recently replaced my original motor mounts with semi-solid mounts from RSS. They are similar to the Wevo semi-solids (from the research I did ahead of time). They were roughly double the price of the stock mounts but the reviews on them were really good.

I've had them in for over a month as a DD. Overall I'm happy with my decision and would do it again, although are definitely some negatives. I do plan on taking the car to the track later this year and I'm expecting a slight improvement. The positives are:

• Slight improvement in handling even on the street. The car feels just a little bit tighter around corners
  • Shifting is a little smoother and it got rid of the the judder of a sloppy shift
  • Engine noise in the cabin has noticeably increased under throttle, but I think that is a good thing. It sounds much more raw like I had expected a 911 to sound in the first place :-)

There main negative is that engine vibrations are now a little more noticeable. I can now tell which RPMs result in the most vibration....~3K is probably the worst. Cabin noise is also a little louder which is a positive under throttle, but not quite as ideal when cruising. Neither are a big problem and they make the car feel a little less than a GT and a little more like a sports car.

The Rubber bushings in the transmission mount in my 02 were totally shot at 90k miles. IA new carrier is an easy installation and my local Indy only charged me $75. My only trouble was that there are two little rubber-like tabs that Porsche calls Trans Carrier Stops that were also bad. They did not come with the carrier assembly so I had to reorder and get them installed later (again $75). Pelican Parts furnished everything.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I installed the WEVO's and although you definitely notice more noise and vibration at idle, they got rid of some slop in the rear end when doing spirited driving. If you don't push it hard and want to keep the daily driver feel and quieter cabin, go with the stock units.