Welcome to RennTech.org Community, Guest

There are many great features available to you once you register at RennTech.org
You are free to view posts here, but you must log in to reply to existing posts, or to start your own new topic. Like most online communities, there are costs involved to maintain a site like this - so we encourage our members to donate. All donations go to the costs operating and maintaining this site. We prefer that guests take part in our community and we offer a lot in return to those willing to join our corner of the Porsche world. This site is 99 percent member supported (less than 1 percent comes from advertising) - so please consider an annual donation to keep this site running.

Here are some of the features available - once you register at RennTech.org

• View Classified Ads
  • DIY Tutorials
  • Porsche TSB Listings (limited)
  • VIN Decoder
  • Special Offers
  • OBD II P-Codes
  • Paint Codes
  • Registry
  • Videos System
  • View Reviews
  • and get rid of this welcome message

It takes just a few minutes to register, and it's FREE

Contributing Members also get these additional benefits:
(you become a Contributing Member by donating money to the operation of this site)

• No ads - advertisements are removed
  • Access the Contributors Only Forum
  • Contributing Members Only Downloads
  • Send attachments with PMs
  • All image/file storage limits are substantially increased for all Contributing Members
  • Option Codes Lookup
  • VIN Option Lookups (limited)

IMS guardian cracked

Has this happened to anyone? Happened before I went away on holiday and just got around to posting about this now.

I had an IMS Guardian installed. There was a leak coming from the sump plug, on undoing the plug it cracked :confused:

It's been a couple of weeks now and I can't even find the plug to take pictures but it was all very weird.

Bought the kit from an official distributor in the UK like 6 months ago.

I remember installing it and definitely torquing correctly. Searching hasn't revealed anything though.

Are there spare plugs available?

• Moderators
Has this happened to anyone? Happened before I went away on holiday and just got around to posting about this now.
I had an IMS Guardian installed. There was a leak coming from the sump plug, on undoing the plug it cracked :confused:
It's been a couple of weeks now and I can't even find the plug to take pictures but it was all very weird.
Bought the kit from an official distributor in the UK like 6 months ago.
I remember installing it and definitely torquing correctly. Searching hasn't revealed anything though.
Are there spare plugs available?

Suggest contacting Charles Navarro at LN Engineering, I'm sure he will be able to help you out.

• 2 weeks later...

What did you torque to IMS Guardian drain plug to and what model year is your vehicle? Does it have the later oil pan with support ribs? The only time we have seen the drain plugs leak is if they are improperly torqued or the hex on the o.d. of the drain plug contacts the pan before it has actually seated and compressed the crush gasket. Both these issues are addressed on the IMS Guardian website.

LN Engineering took over sales of the IMS Guardian in January of 2013, so you probably purchased them through Wright Tune in the UK, with which we have no relationship as they sourced them from Flat 6 Innovations and you'll have to speak to them if there is a warranty concern as we cannot support a product we did not sell nor do we manufacture.

Since Jan. 2013, we have included custom drain plug spacers for late model or replacement sump pans required for proper installation as well as a proper socket with a cutout for the drain plug connection lead to clear to address these concerns. These along with replacement IMSG drain plugs are available for purchase from LN Engineering.

It was torqued to 37ft as per the manual. 3.6 2004 Carrera. Purchased in summer 2013.

Ln Engineering

Flat 6 innovations

raby engineering

wright tune - purchased here

Is the aim to confuse the customer as much as possible and shift the blame around when something goes wrong ? I don't blame you LN as it looks like you got in on the game alot later.

I've well lost my interest in this now. Easily the quickest way to chuck away $450

Was honestly expecting a just replace the part, we're easily in that sort of price bracket where if it's something as minor as a sump plug with a lead, the seller just sends a new one.

Edited by maor